layout

4/19/2006

Happy (late) Easter





We hope everyone had a great Easter. We started off the weekend with an egg hunt on Friday for all the kids in play group. Jacque did the BEST job. She had a little easter egg craft for them to do while the moms hid eggs, pin the tail on the bunny and she even made rice crispie treats in the shape of egg baskets with little jelly beans. Dang that girl is cute! Nate found Ellie's easter basket and kept himself busy for the next half hour emptying all of the contents of her basket into his mouth.

Friday night Dustin and I went to see "Much Ado about Nothing." We like to get a little culture in every now and then ;p

Saturday was just busy. Ellie had a birthday party in the morning, so I ran down to visit a friend in the hospital. When we got home, Dustin took Ellie swimming while Nate and I did some cleaning and then we had friends over for dinner. We *were* going to dye easter eggs, but after thinking it over, decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Sunday morning we did the whole egg hunt thing. Ellie had so much fun. Then I *tried* to get pictures of the kids. Once again, they totally would not co-operate. I know it's really sunny out, but OPEN YOUR EYES!!! Nate had an adorable little vest to go with his outfit, but it was just too stinking hot to stick him in it. I tried to curl Ellie's hair (like a princess), but of course it all fell out. Ellie was the star of Primary (I was subbing for an older class). She got to say the prayer, help with Sharing time AND she was the spotlight. Lucky little girl.

Then for easter dinner we headed over to Floyd and Karen's. It was fun to be with family. Lola was there and of course brought MORE candy for my kids, and then there was another egg hunt. WAAAAY too much candy in this house right now. But I'm slowly chipping away at it ;). The kids ran around and we played cards. Not a bad way to spend Easter.

And that was our official weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOULD YOU JUST LOOK AT THEM!!!! They are soooooo freakin cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss my babies!! Idaho here we all come!!! Can't wait to get there!!! Love you all! Grandma!