Friday I had a doctor's appointment and of course they found something strange during my examination (I'll save you the details). That lead to a weekend of worrying and crying. Only to find out today (they made me come back in to re-check everything) that everything is going to fine. Why do they do that to pregnant women? Have they no hearts? Didn't they realize I'd freak out all weekend? I did get another ultrasound out of the whole deal. Still a girl and still right on schedule. She's not huge or anything, so I doubt she'll be early. She does have incredibly long legs though, and lots of hair!
The bad news -- this morning I woke up and used all my anxious energy to clean the neglected house, only to come home from the docotr's to find it completely trashed (I still love my husband). And all the good news has caused me to sink back into my lazy slump again. So I doubt anything will be cleaned again until right before my sister comes.
And for a quick recap of our weekend (when I wasn't being hysterical)-
Friday night we went out for dinner with friends. So much fun but of course I ate too much, too late and paid for it with cramps all night. YEAY for me! You'd think I'd learn. Dustin worked on the house all day Saturday, running home to come to an hour of the Ward party with us. We had breakfast with Santa. Nate liked Santa but refused to sit on his lap -- typical 2 year old. Ellie reminded Santa that she asked for a doodle bear and too much make up.
Saturday night was the beginning of Nate's throw up fest -- which was really fun. He never quite got the concept of trying to throw up in the bowl. He appears to be doing a little better today, but still no appetite.
Sunday Ellie and I braved Church. Ellie of course developed a fever and slept on me all of Sacrament meeting. I then had to run home and put her to bed and make it back in time to do Sharing Time.
And so there you have it. Thrilling, I know!
Hung out with old friends. Some good friends from BYU, the Pauls, were in town. They live in California and we don’t see them enough. Their girls are adorable and it was so great to just relax and catch up with old friends.
Got to see more family. Dustin’s youngest brother and wife weren’t able to get time off for Thanksgiving, so they missed the big get together. Luckily for us, they ended up having a 10 hour layover in Phoenix so we got to hang out with them on Saturday.
Ate myself sick. At a friend’s surprise birthday party, I ate way too many sweets way too late at night and spent the nice sick to my stomach. Lesson learned – mashed potatoes, rolls and honey butter, and chocolate mouse cheesecake at 8:30 at night are not a dinner.
Relized at 3:30 in the morning that I’m totally unprepared for the baby. No name, no coming home outfit. . . I don’t even think I own a diaper bag anymore. I haven’t registered for the hospital and I decided to switch doctors at the last minute because I don’t like the showers at the hospital they deliver at. I also need to find a new pediatrician since I don’t think I’ll ever make it to Scottsdale again.
Licked and stamped my Christmas cards. After searching all over for paper I liked for my Christmas letter, I settled. I hate settling, but at least they are done. Of course after I’ve licked and sealed 5 envelopes, I realize that I totally forgot to sign the letters I put inside. DUH! Mailed off my Christmas packages and bought stamps. Glad to have that over with.
Spent the morning trying to buy Dustin’s Christmas present – with no luck. Nate and I trekked all over town only to find sales people that had no clue about the product so now I actually have to RESEARCH something.
Trying to get Primary organized for the New Year. My head is swimming. Luckily our last baptism of the year is this weekend. So I’m off to drop of his gift and talk to him about Saturday!
Counting the days till Christmas Eve. I’ve got so much stuff going on between then and now that I can’t wait to relax with friends and know that the madness is about to be over. And then have a baby and never sleep again. . . I changed my mind. I think I can wait.
Hope your enjoying your December as much as I am.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? BOTH please!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps -- I loooove to wrap presents!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree and white on the house. Ellie loves colored lights so much, I bought a colored light tree for our Advent tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving. . . if I can wait that long
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Anything with sugar!!! Especially sugar cookies
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Spending them with family, my brother and I unrapping our gifts and rewrapping them to see what we got, the year my family tried to trick me by filling a box with trash. . .
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa ? When I caught my parents playing the Tooth Fairy. . . I figured out everything in the same night -- Santa, the Easter Bunny. . . it was a hard night and I STILL remember it.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Pajamas from Santa
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Breakable/pretty ornaments up top, the ugly/less breakable ones on the bottom and then the kids usually add a few of their own (ie toys) and rearrange the bottom ones as the weeks progress.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? YUCK! That's why I live in AZ thank you very much.
12. Can you ice skate? If you can call it that.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't think I have one. Anything that's an actual surprise and not something I specifically asked for.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my kids -- doing the Nativity Story, listening to Christmas Carols, taking gifts around to neighbors. . . I just love doing it with my family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Did I not say sugar cookies?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve dinner with friends -- good food, good company, having the kids act out the Nativity, making sugar cookies, getting the PJs from Santa and then putting out all the gifts :)
17. What tops your tree? Nothing :(
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving (but who doesn't like to get stuff too)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Away in a Manger. It's so beautiful and simple.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUCK