layout

4/14/2010

Hop hop hop

OK, jump back a week with me to Easter. Usually our Easter holiday is filled with way too many egg hunts and parties, stress of finding dresses and ties and trying to keep the kids remembering that it's actually about Jesus and not bunnies and eggs. This year we kept it really low key and I LOVED it!!
Oh boy was it low-key. All the kids look like scrubs! Now I remember why I like to get them dressed up for Easter pictures.

Easter Sunday was also on Conference Sunday which meant we didn't even have to get dressed up and go to Church. HOORAY! We had a great FHE lesson on Easter and the Resurrection the Monday before and then on Wednesday while Dustin was at Mutual the kids and I made resurrection rolls. Of course Sadie refused to eat them because she didn't want to eat Jesus' body and they must be "spicy." Luke loved them.

Sunday the Easter Bunny made his appearance. Dustin and I are arguing over whether or not we even continue on with the dumb bunny. You can tell which way I'm leaning. . .

Sadie woke up at 6:20! That's earlier than Christmas morning. She must have had to use the bathroom but once she spied an egg she was up for good. This of course woke Nate up who found eggs all over his room. We tried to get them to come into our bed until Luke and Sadie were up, but that didn't last long. They couldn't stop laughing and giggling about everywhere they had seen eggs.

Ellie finally stumbled into the room and we let them go crazy, which of course woke Luke up. Luke managed to not only find a few eggs, but also open them and eat some gummy bears.

Not surprisingly, Sadie's mouth looks like it is stuffed with candy in about 50% of the pictures.

I even went low key on the Easter baskets -- one gift each and a new swimsuits (nice hair Nate).
No fillers, no grass. . . Ellie got a shirt and new shoes (I still can't believe I have a kid too old for toys), a lego speeder for Nate (he has been asking for it for over a month), Cheerilee for Sadie and Luke was basket-less. Poor Luke. He probably wouldn't remember if it weren't for the fact that I mentioned it and it will now be recorded for time and all eternity.


The rest of the day we celebrated (camped out) with our "almost cousins" the Simpsons and Ashtons (family friends since I was born) in Mer's newly remodeled kitchen. We started the morning off with our usual Conference Brunch and didn't leave until after Easter dinner. We're so lucky to have "family" close by.

10 comments:

mystery boo papa said...

what cuties! uh, i see luke's hair slowly coming back... love the stuffed mouths. but wait, if ellie is getting old, was does that make mystery boo papa?!?!?!?

Lara Neves said...

I hate the too old for toys stage. I guess it's possibly better than the only wants expensive electronics or a new car stage, though. :)

So, who was your Bishop? Larry Vincent? You must know him either way.

Danika said...

I am a big fan of low-key Easter. We had to compromise (Kevin's family did big commercial easter stuff, mine did none - only religious). Here's what we do: the Easter bunny visits our house on Saturday with a very small basket for each kid and Sunday is for religious easter.

Kathleen said...

i really want a montage of sadie's mouth stuffed full.

those kids are so cute. i love the part about them giggling about where the eggs were hidden, it's so sweet it almost brings a tear to my eye.

missing you guys!

and dad-- luke's hair is not back, are you blind?

Arlene said...

You have the cutest little "scrubs!" :)

Meredith said...

We have started to do easter bunny on saturday too. I love your kids like my own, even if Nate and Hayden wrote all over the swingset with a sharpie.

Lisa Brown said...

It sounds like the perfect kind of day - I am all for low-key :). And if you want to get rid of the Easter Bunny, just do what I do and let the kids hide each other's eggs. My kids LOVE doing it :).

The Tyler's said...

I was just about to text Casey (since you are living in the 90's) and ask here where you are! Thx for the update..it's been too long!
Lukes hair is coming in nicely.
I am such a fan of low key Easter Sunday/conference!
I'm going to keep running but not planning a 1/2 anytime soon!

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the dumb bunny thing. I totally forgot about the Easter bunny until I was putting the kids to bed on Saturday night and Wilson reminded me about it! Brett came up with a great idea to just give them "eBay bucks" (pieces of paper made by Brett that represent money to be used on ebay.) They spent all day Sunday bidding on items on eBay ;D Don't know what we'll do next year!

Steve and Sarah said...

SO fun! I am with you on the easter bunnmy. Sooo, what about the cheese jello?