layout

2/09/2012

School News

Honestly, I've been meaning to blog. I don't know where the week went. Dustin was gone again (but this week at least it was only a short trip to California), Luke has not been sleeping, and we are currently in the middle of Fundraising craziness at our house. Summer movie tickets, Aunt Annie's pretzels and Girls Camp Fundraising are all going down in the next 48 hours. If you're reading this -- you probably owe me money for SOMETHING you've ordered from one of those. And if you don't, just send me money anyway.

PLUS, I decided to go off of sugar last week too. People say you're suppose to have all this new energy once you're off of it, but my butt is dragging and I'm an emotional mess. And I haven't even lost 1 pound. One more week without weight loss and I'm binging since it appears to have no effect on my weight. I have 10 boxes of oreos sitting on my counter right now. Maybe I won't wait a week.

I got Sadie all registered for Kindergarten. I'm so torn. Am I excited? Am I sad? We all know kids just hit a point where they're ready for school and Sadie has hit that point. I am so grateful that my neighbors love her because she has to constantly be doing something. She will stare out the window until the Ray's car pulls into their garage. And if Lindsay is napping, she is begging to run down to Jill's. Once 4 pm hits, I set her free. At the same time she is the most entertaining companion I could ever ask for. Today I told her she could have oreos in her lunch tomorrow if she went to bed without whining. She ran around the house, "KIDS! I have the most AMMMMMAZING news!"

Thanks to Pinterest, Nate has the cutest Valentine's box for his party. The examples were really bright and colorful, but Nate HAD to have it black and blue. I think he did a really great job.
They are also learning about Penguins at school so tomorrow is black and white day. They get to wear black and white clothes and eat black and white snacks and watch a movie. He's taking hostess cupcakes. After school he is going to his best friend's house and then to see Star Wars in 3-D. Best day EVER???

Nate also got his Principal award on Monday. He was beyond excited. He got it for being a "mathematical thinker." I'll take all the credit for that one. 710 on the math portion of the SAT as a Junior. Oh wait, now I get accosted by bitter old ladies at the dollar store (we'll save that story for another day). It got me nowhere.

Ellie is knee deep in Famous Arizonan. Her report is on Barbara Park who wrote the Junie B. Jones books. She has been dying to do this since last year when the 4th grader who had Barbara Park came to school in her pajamas for the Wax Museum.Last week the Student Council went to the District Convention dressed as Hippies.

Luke is not in school. Luke is in my face ALL.THE.TIME. Words cannot describe how much he loves me. It flattering and infuriating at the same time. Sometimes he will hit me just so he'll have to say sorry and kiss me. Girls -- look out. I'm not sure he's marriage material. Now Nate on the other hand is going to be the BEST husband ever. Luke is TRAIN OBSESSED. Specifically Thomas. When the Tylers moved back in, he decided he might want to hang out there more than on my lap because they have a giant bin of Thomas the train sets. If we can't find Luke, we know right where to go. And every time he comes home, he has stolen trains from their house.

4 comments:

Danika said...

Are you selling Harkins Summer Movie tickets? What for? Maybe you're the reason I haven't been seeing many orders come in this year! :)

I am not on Pinterest but my friend just posted a similar valentine's day box on her blog that her child made. Part of me wants Tyler to make it because it's so cute, but the other part of me knows who will be doing all the work! :)

Maddy said...

We get them together as a playgroup, so I buy them FROM our school for everyone who doesn't have the option at their school.

sarah marie. said...

hi this is going to seem like a crazy comment but i'm in the market for a vintage esprit bag and i googled it and your post about your blue one came up. not sure if you still have it but if you want to sell it to me i would love to buy it. thanks! you can email me at sarahmariecowan@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Fun Pictures!
Love Aunt Beaney