layout

7/20/2008

Really BIG News

OK. . .breaking news!!!! I'm pregnant!!

Hopefully you all read everything I write, because I'm actually not pregnant. Just kidding. Did anyone actually fall for that anyway?

So here's some big news in the Rogers' household. AKA Sunday night photos -- so you won't be terribly impressed by any photo skills.

1. We got a new car -- in case you missed mention of it earlier. YIPPEE! It only took a year to convince my husband I needed a new one, but I love it. Leather seats, built in DVD player, rear assist parking, room for the all the kids in my sweet carpools. . . but the best part has to be the remote start. Holy cow! How did I ever make it through the summer without remote start before? I love getting into a nice cool car!
Like I said -- it's Sunday night, so you get the "run into the garage and take one picture" shot. I did spend a few hours in the 1oo+ degree weather cleaning out my garage so it was nice and clean for my new car.

2. Sadie is now sleeping in a CRIB! A real crib in a real room. WOO HOO! The first night back from vacation, we stuck her in there and she did great. It's been a week and she's doing awesome. Of course we had to move all of the toys into the guest room, though. That took up my entire Saturday -- but it's DONE.


3. NURSERY! Oh yeah, we're legal now.
For all you non-LDS -- it means she gets to start going to the children's class for hours of church. Dustin is thrilled since he usually has her for those 2 hours while I do Primary. He might be able to listen now!

4. I finished all of Ellie's school shopping. We're all ready -- shoes, back pack, lunch bags, school supplies, uniforms. . . even a winter coat. I've been picking stuff up on sale for almost an entire year, and it's finally all ready to go. Ellie even picked out her outfit for the first day of school. One more week! I want it to be known that I only paid full price for 2 articles of clothing.

5. Nate has finally started dressing himself. He was having trouble getting his shirts on, but he's finally got it. Oh, and today I told him he had to take a nap after lunch. Right after lunch I ask Dustin where Nate is -- sure enough, he put himself down for a nap. The "jammies" he picked out for himself tonight. Picture taken in the already messy playroom.

6. HOLY COW! I almost forgot one more piece of big news. My Hungarian name day is coming up. I came across this random piece of information reading a friend of my sister's blog. Turns out that Name days are a big deal in Hungary. Even bigger than your birthday. People give you presents and flowers. . . So I just thought I'd better warn you all because my name day, according to this chart, is July 22nd! You only have a day to prepare!

And so there you have it! Big news on a quiet Sunday night. And all of you who I talked to on the phone tonight know that it wasn't all that quiet here, but I'd like to pretend it was.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it fun to be all done with school shopping? I love that feeling! We had a great time with all the sales the past couple weeks- woohoo!

Congrats on finally getting your kid out of the closet! Now where is Ellie sleeping? Did you put her in the closet instead? ;)

Mamacita said...

I forgot Sadie had been sleeping in the closet. Congrats!
School shopping is fun! Much more fun for girls! I have not been able to find red uniform shirts for Abby. She is convinced she needs at least two of each. Any suggestions?

Lisa Brown said...

What awesome news! your new car sounds amazing. I am still in love with my new car, but that remote start sounds pretty awesome. And how exciting about Sadie.

Way to go having all Ellie's school stuff. I just finished getting all of Lily's uniforms, but I have to say that I am jealous that Ellie gets to wear red and denim - we only get navy, white, and khaki. And where did you get those cute shoes?

barterboutique said...

That was a dirty little trick. I totally fell for it, atleast until I read the next sentence.
I can't believe summer is almost over and I think you are one excellent bargain shopper! Cute clothes!

Oh, and congrats on the new car! Sweet!

Kaelene said...

I ♥ the color of your new car!! But I can't tell what make and model it is . . . please share!
I can't believe that it is time for school already . . . I bet Ellie is WAY excited!

Chelsea said...

So is that the beloved Acadia?? If it is, it's amazing how color changes the look. Love it! Congrats on the new 'baby.' :)
Way to go on all the kids accomplishments. Good times!
So, Happy early name day. I have just spent way too much time on the website trying to find the name closest to mine. Since I am a lady, I can keep my maiden name. So my Hungarian bday is February 24. Elemer. (It's really Elmer) I hope someone gets you some flowers and other presents for your big day.

Janel said...

You are always so ahead of the ball!! I have been picking up school clothes for a couple months...but I get to buy regualr clothes now so its a bit easier. :D Wednsday is our big supply shopping day over here. We still have 2 weeks. It is exciting.I might have to go take out a small loan from the bank since I have 5 to situate! GASP! LOL

I so did not fall for your preggo fakeout. HA!

My best memory of you will always be the last movie we went to...we are terrible but I loved it! And of course....mooning the other car after our GNO, that was just a riot!! You better let me still come to GNO! I'll even still drive!

Lara Neves said...

Congrats on EVERYTHING! All such huge amazing things. Especially the school shopping. I've done maybe half. But we have a little more time before school starts.

They do the name day thing in Romania, too. Happy Name Day! :)

Holly said...

That's a lot of great news to take in!!! I love when our kids turn the big 18 months! It's a remarkable day...although I still think they need to start nursery at 12 months:o) Wouldn't that be wonderful!?!?! Oh, and happy name day!

laura said...

i totally fell for your whole misguided pregnancy LIE!! i mean - you're LDS! you'd never lie, you have lots of babies, and you'd never vote democrat, right??

oh, wait...

*muah*

congrats on the new car, the new room, and the new clothes! :)

Nicole said...

I too, fell for your nasty little trick. I was even doing the math... ok if Sadie is 18 months they will be a little over 2 yrs apart! Well, you got me! anyways, congrats on the new car! I know how exciting a new car can be. And I think even more congrats to Sadie sleeping in her crib in her own room, I'm all about NO kids in the master bedroom! And I too am done with back 2 school shopping... I think Corbin's feet grew two sizes this summer! And also happy Name day, since I prbably won't do anything extreme for you I'll just say HAPPY NAME DAY!!!!!

The Tyler's said...

Congrats on the new things happening in your house! Love the new car! Yeah for Sadie and being such a big girl in her crib! You need to pack up that port a crib, put it in the attick, and don't get it out for a long time! I totally remember laying out all my new school clothes out and just staring at all of them. Go Nate!...Now that he can dress himself I'm sure we will be seeing even more of him in Thomas attire!

Chelsea said...

I just pulled up your comment, and your little cute pic of you and Nate comes up. Carter got so excited. He goes, HEY!! It's NATE!! Can he come over and play today?

Want to meet in the middle?

Cecily said...

Ok I totaly fell for your trick but only because a few Sunday's ago a completely random member of our ward asked me if you were! Something about hearing you had been sick and then not seeing you at church for a few Sundays.(I'll tell you who it was, call me)

Congrats on all the neat-o stuff happening in your lives! It's all so fun!

Kathleen said...

HAPPY NAME DAY!

Molly said...

Sorry I missed your Hungarian name day, I even talked to you today... I'm trying to catch up on things since vacation. Yay for the new car, I can't believe you've made it this long with 3 kids! We just had remote start installed in our van, I agree, I don't know what I did without it! Yay for Sadie sleeping in the crib, that is a big step and of course nursery is too. Good for Nate, it seems everyone is just growing up so fast!

Kerry said...

Wow! The school shopping and the NEW CAR!!! And I can't believe it isn't a buick!!!! Haha! It is gorgeous!

Remote start? You are truly spoiled! My remote start is asking megan to start the car while I put stuff in the back. ;) Enjoy that though!! Wow!

Aw, and you know I had to make a sad but happy face at seeing pictures of Sadie in the crib. Memories..... aw, the crib.

Amber said...

I love the new car! Is it a midnight blue color? Hopefully if I can ever get my boys into CTA, we can carpool now!!!

Good job Sadie for being such a big girl and sleeping in the crib!

Great job Nate on dressing yourself! What a big boy you are!

I love it how organized you are with all the school stuff!!! I love all the hair bows and shoes! I cannot wait to do all that with Adysen!!

Amber said...

I love the new car! Is it a midnight blue color? Hopefully if I can ever get my boys into CTA, we can carpool now!!!

Good job Sadie for being such a big girl and sleeping in the crib!

Great job Nate on dressing yourself! What a big boy you are!

I love it how organized you are with all the school stuff!!! I love all the hair bows and shoes! I cannot wait to do all that with Adysen!!

Sara said...

You stink. I totally fell for it.

Good work on all the real news, though. You've been busy.

Meredith said...

Gotta get remote start installed on my car too. Totally worth it.