layout

11/15/2009

Oh Sadie


Chances are if you have a secret crush on just one of my children, it's Sadie. It must be the dimples, but she seems to have the world wrapped around her little finger -- and she knows it. I hate to burst your bubble people, but she can be a real stinker. She's really clever and so grown up that sometimes I can't believe she's only 2!! I already dread the teen age years.

One night she wouldn't go to bed and Dustin walked in to tell her to go to sleep. Her response? "Blah blah blah." Before "Blah blah blah" became her patent sassy reply, it was "La la la." When that got her in trouble it quickly turned into, "La la la looooooove you." Currently it's "AHHHH! Stop bugging me Dad."

Last week she found a leftover Halloween rat which she then decided was her pet named Mambi. She sang to Mambi and fed him and loved him. . . she even taught him tricks.

And she thinks the pantry is her own personal playground. One day while I was feeding Luke I heard her calling my name. She was hanging from a pantry shelf that she had climbed trying to reach marshmallows.

Another time I was feeding Luke (yes, she's figured out the best time for pantry raids is while I'm feeding Luke) I hear her little strained voice: "I'm not tall enough." Tall enough for what? I ask. "For reaching." Reaching WHAT?? "I need to reach some chocolate chips." Well she definitely wasn't tall enough that day, but she must have figured something about because a few days later I found her running around the house with two handfuls of chocolate chips.

Sadie, I love you. Please stop growing up.

22 comments:

Danika said...

I think we should NEVER get Natalie and Sadie in the same room...I can only imagine what drama and chaos they could cause if they put their devious little 2-year old minds together!

Lara Neves said...

It's a good thing she is so cute, then, isn't it?

I know, I have one at my house, too.

The pantry story is funny. You'll have to tell us if you figure out how she managed to reach the chocolate chips. :)

Amber Miskin said...

That's so funny Maddy. I feel ya...they really do grow up too fast! Caleb is growing up so fast too, and he's teaching Skyler all the ropes now! :)

Shauna said...

Those dimples are pretty darn cute!

Anonymous said...

mambi is beautiful. we need to make some TEAM SADIE shirts.

love, lola

Anita said...

I do have a secret crush on Sadie...she is SO CUTE! I think she would make a good girlfriend for my little Tyson--they seem to both be mischeivious, but cute enough to rarely get in trouble:)

boo papa said...

sadie is incapable of anything uncute. stop making up the bad things!

Noah said...

I hate that she is growing up...she will be 25 by the time we get home!! Sad for me!

Janel said...

Well you know I have a special place in my heart for adorable Sadies!!1

Unknown said...

Is she winking in that first picture??! I didn't learn to wink until I was like 20 or something ;D I love these pictures. Her personality shows through. Very cute, Sadie!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I just realized that wilson changed my name to read his name--now I don't know how to change it back. Little turkey

Meredith said...

Sadie is uh-stinkin'dorable but my not so secret crush is Ellie. Can she live with me?

Lisa said...

yes, i admit i have a huge sadie crush! when you need to get rid of her for a few hours bring her over!

jacque said...

Argh to the panty raids! Gunner just figured them out this week. At least Sadie is a whispy little thing--she can handle a few extra chocolate chips and marshmellows!

Dustin said...

Jacque who said anything about Panty raids...isn't Gunner too young for that?

Rach said...

Aw, how can anyone that cute ever be a stinker?? I don't like the pantry raids either. I have yet to find a lock that will keep my kids out of it (unless I want to drill holes in the wall, which I don't)

Megan said...

I love her! We are so excited to see you guys, and I can't wait to have her and Lucy together in the same room!

Molly said...

We love Sadie! I especially love it that she thinks I have a REALLY nice car!

Michelle said...

It's no secret -- I love all your kids and would take them any one of them! Hugs and kiss to all!

Amy F. said...

Oh Sadie, I do love you! Yes, it must be those dimples. She has us all wrapped around her sweet finger. I was loving her at your house the other night. It was hard to keep a straight face during mafia because I was laughing at her in the background.
And the pantry raids, oh yes. I'm scared for the day Dax learns to climb the shelves (and its not far away).
Sadie Sadie, quite the lady!

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, I loved those stories! So much fun! She would make a great pair with my Derek - he he!

Rickie said...

Oh, I love Sadie. Me, Mike, AND Logan all have crushes on her. I read this post to Mike, it made us both laugh out loud. Love that girl.