layout

2/11/2010

On the road again

On the way to the airport I told the kids they had to do ONE THING while I was gone: teach Luke to say MAMA! So imagine my surprise when I got in the car and he said, "DADA!" WHAT?? At least I'm off on another trip, so they have one last chance.

As much as it kills me, Dustin and I are headed off to Hawaii Saturday at 8 am. OK, it doesn't kill me, but it is hard to come home, see the kids and take off again. Plus I have been SLAMMED trying to get caught up, plus ready to leave for a week again including getting the house ready for parents to inspect every nook and cranny. Three days is not enough.

I want to call everyone and catch up, read blogs (so no one post anything for a few days since I'm already behind on commenting), waste time on facebook. . . but I'm short on chunks of time. I have done some really dumb things lately in an effort to do everything as quick as possible.

Tuesday night on the way home from the airport I ran into Fry's to pick up ice cream for Nate's Valentine's Day party (and ketchup--it was an eclectic trip which explains why I was back the next day to spend even more money). I just ran in and grabbed the first thing of vanilla I saw. As I'm walking back to the car I realize I have not bought ice cream, but instead some "lactose-free dessert product." Thank heavens for toppings to disguise imitation ice cream.

Can't wait to come back and settle into life, although, what will I look forward to? Oh, and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

7 comments:

Danika said...

A trip to see your sister then off to Hawaii with your husband for Valentine's Day. Yeah, I feel SO SORRY for you...

I'll trade you - you do potty training with Natalie and I'll go play for two weeks with NO KIDS!

Meredith said...

Lactose free dairy product. Awesome.

Kathleen said...

lactose free? i appreciate you!

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day to YOU as well! Have fun in Hawaii ;D And try not to eat too much lactose free ice cream ;D

Lisa Brown said...

Still laughing about the ice-cream, or should I say, "lactose free dessert product." That is so something I would do when I was in a hurry. Have a great time in Hawaii. Wish I was with you - we have snow again - yuck!!

Lisa said...

have fun. i hate you...

Lara Neves said...

Jealous.

but I do hope that you are greeted with a resounding Mama when you get home!