layout

3/16/2010

Why no updates?

We're traveling again. This time to Virginia with the 4 kids. Dustin was here for the weekend and now he's back to work. I've been here for 5 days so far and it has been really wild and crazy.

Random numbers:
  • People who slept here this weekend: 16
  • Times we changed sleeping arrangements: 5
  • Days it has rained: 4
  • Naps Luke has missed: 3
  • Naps Sadie has taken: 1
  • Eggs consumed: 40
Events
  • Baby blessing
  • Missionary farewell
  • Dad's Award ceremony
Places visited
  • Air and Space Museum (my dad took Nate and Sadie)
  • Art Museum (my mom and Ellie)
  • The gym (apparently the Lifetime here is way cooler than our Lifetime at home)
  • Thai Restaurant (twice)
  • 5 Guys ( 18 of us -- just as good as I remember)
  • Dunkin' Donuts (Nate met a policeman)
  • The Grocery store (3 times and counting)
  • The park (the weather was actually gorgeous the first day we were here)
  • Target (for sleeping bags to fit all the kids for the massive sleep over on my parents floor)
  • Tyson's (on a rainy Saturday -- I could not believe how crazy it was)
People:
  • 1 Grandma
  • 1 Grandpa
  • 4 Aunts (Amy & Kathleen plus my Aunts Ruthie and Sally)
  • 3 Uncles (Tommy & Kyle plus my Uncle Rich)
  • 4 little cousins (Zach, Matt and Ali)
  • 4 of my cousins (Beth, Tommy, Eric and Alex)
  • lots of friends
When we're bored:
  • Baking cookies
  • Writing plays
  • Cooties and Don't Break the Ice
  • Lego building
  • Babushka Doll playing
This morning everyone is back to work and school. It was so quiet that the big kids slept in until almost 9 (could have been a result of exhaustion as well) so Luke and I just cuddled in the big red chair and watched TV. It's not even 10 and I'm already lonesome for all the craziness of having everyone under one roof. And eyeing what's left of my Dad's GINORMOUS cake from yesterday.


12 comments:

Meredith said...

Just eat the cake and when everyone comes home tell them Luke did it.

Lisa Brown said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! It makes me want to get my crazy family together for a wild reunion, as they always are. And how fun that you are sort of in my neck of the woods :).

AZ Hey-mon said...

Man! What a party! But, what is Tyson's? All I can think of is Tyson Chicken. Were you there plucking your own? We miss you all.

The Tyler's said...

Well it's gonna another party this weekend!!
My parents surprised us for the weekend so we are really going to get our AZ fix after this weekend!!
See ya soon!

Lindsay said...

Sounds crazy, but also like a ton of fun!!!

Cecily said...

Hey Maddie sounds like lots of fun! It seems like I havn't seen you in a couple of months! Now I know why after reading your last few posts. Keep having FUN!

Rickie said...

Sounds like fun to me. But hurry home!

Rach said...

Sounds like fun!! How many trips does that make for you in the last couple of months?? And, did you eat the GINORMOUS cake? I totally would have.

Sarah said...

We have a 5 guys here in Orem now, so we will have to go when you guys are out here in the summer. I love their burgers and especially their spicy fryies.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Lara Neves said...

At least you're having fun! Forget the blogging and go have more fun! :)

Megan said...

We love 5 guys too, have one much too close to ou house.
Sounds like you are having a good time!