layout

6/23/2010

Just the Girls

My fabulous and talented girlfriend, Michelle, came over to help me (and by help, I mean pretty much do all the work) sew some summer dresses for the girls. She seriously whipped these out in no time. I'm sure my amazing ironing skills and elastic-threading were *such* a time saver. They turned out so cute and I am so in love with them. Thank you SO MUCH Michelle.

I took the girls out to the backyard and told them to pose.



Ahh, just shows my two girls funny little personalities. Of course both of them have since had hair cuts. I'll have to get some pictures of those too.

The next day was Ellie's book club. Guess what she wore?? We invited some of the girls whose moms are in my book club to come over for cookies, lemonade and a fun discussion. They all read Betsy-Tacy (which I cannot recommend highly enough, it is really sweet and charming) and actually had a discussion for about 30 minutes before they broke for snacks. Oh my gosh, they were SO CUTE! And SO SWEET! I loved it. After they were done eating, they made paper dolls (it goes along with one of the stories in the book). And then we went and chopped off Ellie's ridiculously long and stringy hair. HOORAY!

13 comments:

Amber Miskin said...

I love the dresses! so cute!

Lara Neves said...

They turned out so adorable! Love them!

Also loving the idea of a little girls book club. Hmmmm.....

Lisa Brown said...

So cute!! And I wish we had been sticking around long enough for Lily to do a bookclub with Lily and her friends. Maybe next year :).

The Tyler's said...

Seriously? Those dresses could not be any cuter! Even if you didn't make them!!
Of course you had a kid book club! What a fun idea.
See you soon...

Anita said...

I love the girls "posing":) Such cute dresses. You just amaze me Maddy--what a fun mom you are!!!

Steve and Sarah said...

Still sick about missing the book club! The dresses are so cute. Did yoou know Betsy gets married! We saw the book and Taylor had to get it!

Steve and Sarah said...

Still sick about missing the book club! The dresses are so cute. Did yoou know Betsy gets married! We saw the book and Taylor had to get it!

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

Hi Friend, Just catching up on your blog. Looks like you have been having so much fun. Your kids have grown up so much. Miss you.

Kat said...

what cute dresses! i'd have to agree with you about your talented friend :)

Unknown said...

Love this idea of a kids book club!! I wonder if Wilson would be interested in having one...

K-Mizzle said...

Ok , Sadie's faces in those pictures are priceless. I love her personality haha :)

The Bullocks said...

those dresses are SO DARLING!!! I was so sad we missed you guys this weekend. I didn't hear about it until a few days before and I already had tyson's party planned, anyways, I really wish I could have seen you guys. it was so fun catching up last year. hopefully I'll get to see you next time your in town.

Rach said...

Those dresses are ADORABLE!! Can your friend make some for me??? =)