layout

6/07/2010

School's Out for SUMMER!

WOO HOO! I know in 7 weeks I'm going to be sooooo ready for the kids (ahh, kids -- I can't believe Nate will be a kindergartener next month) to go back, but I am loving summer so far. . . even with the heat!

Wednesday Sadie started swim lessons along with one of her cute little girl friends, Ashlyn.

Then I ran up to school to take some pictures of Ellie on her last day of 2nd grade. Ellie is in a different class than most of her friends next year, so it was a sad day. She's been lucky to have so many cute girls, I know next year she'll be just as lucky. Her 2nd grade teacher is moving to Colorado to teach and her amazing 1st grade teacher is retiring.I probably shouldn't have pointed out that her Kindergarten teacher isn't there anymore either. I think she had one of those, "Everything is Changing" break downs. I was going to take the kids out to celebrate, but we ended up having the YM over so instead I ran to the grocery store and spent way too much time making THESE (ok, they are time consuming but so yummy , let me know if you want to make them and I'll share some tips).

It didn't matter anyway because Ellie ended up swimming and spending the night at Hayley's (the little cutie in the picture above). Thursday the little kids all slept in until almost 8 and then we had some friends over in the morning, went to Sadie's swimming lessonsand then swimming with the Haymonds for the rest of the afternoon.

Friday we went swimming with a bunch of friends at my girl friend Jacque's (yes, there IS a theme here), and then celebrated Luke's birthday. I'll have to do a whole separate post on Luke's birthday. You only turn ONE once! I can't believe I'll never have another baby :(

Saturday we decided to be lazy. I think it was our first free Saturday in months and we had fun just running to Costco and Sprouts. Sadie ended up going swimming with her new BFF, Kaylee, and then Dustin and I finally managed to see Iron Man 2.

So these pictures are from last Saturday, when we were crazy busy, but I wanted to make sure Nate's mug appeared somewhere on here. The kids had a Princess and Pirate birthday party to attend. Plus they make me laugh. How could we be bored with those two crazies? If you're wondering what is in Nate's hands -- they are hair curlers that Nate has made into swords.

Today we've already gone to the Pediatrican for Luke's well check, done swimming lessons for Sadie and Ellie has a friend over for the day.

Plus we've already got two play dates, Ellie's book club and a swimming day planned for the week. Hopefully we'll have the perfect balance of lazy summer days with enough entertainment to escape too much TV and "we've spent way too much time together" fighting.

6 comments:

Brenda Janda said...

WOW girl you packed a lot into two days. Fun though. I loved just swimming and running my kids all over in the summer. I miss just hanging with them. OK so I still am but it was different when they were little. I can't believe Luke is 1, and Nate is major creative.
Enjoy the summer.

Lisa Brown said...

Sounds like you are already having a great summer :). Oh, and what book did you guys end up coosing for Ellie's bookclub?

Lara Neves said...

Loving the princess and the pirate.

Is summer really only 7 weeks long? Or is that just a comment on how long it will take for you to wish they were back in school?

Enjoy it, either way.

AZ Hey-mon said...

If Ellie is running teachers out of the school maybe we should make a special request for this year.

I have seen a lot of things made into a sword, but never a curler. WTG Nate!

Lisa said...

why do you not call your friends up to share delightful goodies like THE MOTHERLODE! yum.

nate is the cutest pirate ever. right next to johnny depp!

The Tyler's said...

Oh my, could Sadie's blonde pig tails be any longer?? Can't wait to see her swim this summer.
I started an email to you last week but something always interrupts me (same old story). Primary was crazy on Sunday! It was my first real day on the job. I felt like my brain was going a million miles a minute!
Luke turned 1!!! I'm so sad I wasn't there. I'll have to spoil him next month!
Oh..and your arms in the previous post are the size of my pinky! Your tiny.