layout

10/25/2010

Copy and Paste

For posterity's sake, I'm copying and pasting this from my sister's blog. I had totally forgotten this little gem and it still makes me laugh.

"Picture this thing:

... Shoving produce up her nose...

So we're sitting around the dinner table, having a very educational and spiritual round of dinner-time FHE with the bishop and his wife. Maddy is teaching us all about the Three Nephites when out of the corner of her eye she spots little miss queen diva, Sadie Rogers Michelle shoving peas up her nose.

A fit of outrage overtakes the bishops wife and she turns into someone who might possibly look like this: (picture deleted because what kind of sister puts a horrible picture of her sister on her blog??)
But with a lot more anger in her eyes, but just as animated, "SADIE! WE DO NOT PUT PEAS UP OUR NOSES. WE DO NOT PUT ANYTHING UP OUR NOSES, OR IN OUR EARS. IT WILL GET STUCK UP THERE AND WE WILL HAVE TO TAKE YOU TO THE DOCTOR AND THE DOCTOR WILL HAVE TO CUT OFF YOUR NOSE OR YOUR EAR AND HE WILL SAY, 'SADIE WHY DID YOU PUT A PEA UP YOUR NOSE?' AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE AN EAR OR A NOSE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE... (you get the gist...)"

To which Sadie replies, "AUNT LOLA WHY DID YOU PUT A PEA UP MY NOSE??"

Excusemewhat? How on earth did I get blamed for this?

So dinner continues on as if no one had threatened amputation and facial reconstruction, we're back in with the Three Nephites when Nate raises his hand. Madelyn, the washed up school teacher, grants him permission to speak, "Um, well Jackson put a ball in his ear, but he still has his ear, and they didn't have to cut it off."

Thank you, Nate. Thanks for bringing us back down to reality.

9 comments:

Rach said...

Oh, thats hilarious!!! Wait, is Dustin the bishop???

Lara Neves said...

Oh my! Yes...scare that kid into never putting things up her nose! I was just at the instacare today and they have a list of costs for everything. My wait was long, I was bored, and I learned that taking any item out of nose or ears costs approximately 500 dollars.

And, I'm stuck on the whole Bishop's wife thingamajig, myself. !!

Maddy said...

Yes, Dustin is the Bishop. A fact my sister likes to mention about a million times a day to annoy me. She's completely stopped calling him by his first name.

$500?? YIKES!!! I have heard way too many horror stories to allow any small things to go near body holes.

Amber Miskin said...

How long has he been bishop? I'm so glad I haven't had too much trouble with this yet...hopefully never! Sadie really has a lot of sass doesn't she??? :)

Brenda Janda said...

Eric commented Sunday how that tiny little body could have so much personality. But what an awesome little doll she is. Thanks for sharing and Dustin is an amazing Bishop.

Lisa Brown said...

Oh my goodness, I am still laughing :). And your lecture sounds exactly like something I would say to my kids. I probably would have added death as a consequence as well :).

Mamacita said...

FHE is just not complete without a little bit of idle threats of amputation and facial reconstruction!!

swampbaby said...

I LOVE this pic of Sadie. LOVE IT! If that doesn't scream sassy I don't know what does.

And what the heck with the bishop thing. That's what y'all get for being all righteous and stuff ;-)Good luck!

Arlene said...

Now I get why you say your Bishop is so "hot!" Hilarious story. :)