layout

2/20/2011

Someday My Prince will Come

But for now, my heart belongs to Daddy.I know what you're thinking -- my family is ridiculously good looking. Oh wait, that's just what I'm thinking.

Every year, Lifetime throws a Daddy Daughter Dance around Valentine's Day. Last year we were in Maui at the time and I was really sad we missed it. So were my girls as the gym advertises the heck out of it. So as soon as stuff started popping up this year, I signed the girls up for everything. The dance! The hair! Th make up! The nails!

Sadie talked about the dance non-stop for the two weeks leading up to it. She made up songs, told Dustin how he should spin her when they danced, talked about going to the salon and how she wanted her hair. All her funny little comments were worth the money right there, but seeing them getting ready was priceless.

Sorry there aren't as many pictures of Ellie as there are of Sadie. Sadie needed a little more supervision than Ellie, so I spent most of time with her.I love the look of concentration on her face. She was very serious about the whole thing
The salon was full of little girls getting ready for the dance and they all fed off of each other's excitement. Sadie was a bit of a novelty because she was the smallest girl there, so as usual she got more attention than she ever truly needs.
Sadie overheard a conversation between two moms worrying about how fast the time would go and since her little brain picks up EVERYTHING, all I heard for the next hour was, "Time is going to go by so fast when we're trying to get ready. We better hurry."

I let them pick out some of my jewelry and once they picked out their dresses and tried to get some pictures. Of course Sadie is always so cooperative.I believe she is dancing at this point in time. I keep forgetting to go in a photoshop that fake tattoo out. Also, I am insanely jealous of the hair. I want my dad to take ME to a Daddy Daughter Dance.

Sheryas and Anjini came along for the ride too.After this they were off for their carriage ride, to meet the princesses (which were all the childcare workers, so Sadie was thrilled that her favorite, Lauren, was Cinderella), dance, eat, craft, get goodie bags. . . and all that stuff that makes up happily ever after.

The End.

5 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Oh my gosh! What an awesome thing to do! And you say your gym sponsored it? How smart are they?

And your princesses are just gorgeous. How fun for them.

Lisa said...

ok--that is beyond cuteness!!!

Tasha said...

so fun!

Lisa Brown said...

How much fun! I love their fancy hair!!

They had a daddy daughter dance at our community center this year, but we didn't sign up because Kevin was gone for it. I will definitely have to have he and Lily do it next year (that is, if he is around).

swampbaby said...

How fun and such beautiful girls! And I am so glad you said that someone did their hair because I was getting all stressed that I have NO IDEA how to fix girl hair and when my little girl finally gets some hair she was going to be out of luck!