layout

2/27/2011

Lovin' It

I have to hurry and get Valentine's Day in before February is over.

I am not one of those people who thinks Valentine's Day is a "made up holiday" and over-rated or over-celebrated in any way. I love a good excuse to show people how much I love them, especially on a day where lots of sugar and pink are involved.

Since we had just gotten back from an over-the-top vacation for just the two of us and I spent the weekend devoted to our Young Women's fundraiser, we decided to keep it small and really focus on the kids.

OK, *I* decided to keep it low key and focus on the kids. Dustin spoiled me as usual. I ended up with a new necklace and purse from everyone, plus the best lunch date ever.

Per tradition, we got the kids some chocolate and flowers in the morning and then sent them off to school all nice and sugared up. Dustin took the kids and me out to lunch at Brio to celebrate the day. I don't know if any boy can ever live up to the standard Dustin has set for spoiling his girls!Sadie and Luke were amazingly well behaved. Our lunch took an hour and a half and they sat the entire time. On their butts! And didn't yell or whine or drop food on the floor. Sadie used a napkin instead of her skirt. And Luke used a fork instead of his hands! And they ate all their food. Even dessert. Sadie thought the restaurant was very fancy and was pretty excited when they brought out the tray of desserts to pick from. Even more excited when they showed her the one with custard and fruit. Maybe it's just the older two that are heathens in public places??

So after my very favorite Valentine's Day date EVER, I got to go to the school parties. Nate was hilarious as always. He really wanted me to watch him play Bingo. At the end I wanted to hurry and take some pictures with his friends. Nate was in quite the goofy mood.
I'm pretty sure that's a monocle he is making. He had to go line up for recess when I happened to notice he was standing next to Allie. I told them to smile, when I notice Nate's hand. . . It's only cute for so long, but right now he's young, so it's still *so*stinkin*cute!

Then we rounded out the day with a homemade heart shaped pizza. I know, I know, everyone does that. I'll come up with something more exciting next year.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

A*D*O*R*A*B*L*E!!

Janel said...

I love valentines day too! I should probably post about it soon :D

Lindsay said...

Ooohhhh, I LOVE how they're holding hands! That is SO sweet!

Lisa Brown said...

And there is nothing wrong with a heart shaped pizza if you make it a tradition :). We have the same heart shaped pancakes for dinner every year.