layout

4/09/2012

Easter Sunday

I like to blog in chronological order.  The problem is that the next event should be Belize and there is way too much to blog.  So my blog has just been sitting here. . . neglected.  I decided to skip ahead and get on with the show.  Belize will show up one day.

 I went really low key on Easter this year and this post will probably reflect that.  The older the kids get, the less I want to do all the egg hunts and the more I want to focus on the Savior.  We didn't even dye eggs this year.  They all begged me to let them stuff the eggs, so of course I let them.  I was even trying to get them to hide them for each other, but they decided they LOOOOVE the funny places Daddy hides them.
 
 
 Every year I swear we are going to hunt eggs on Saturday and then Saturday turns out to be crazy.  Luckily Luke likes to wake up at 5 am, so we had LOOOOADS of time to hunt before church.  I even managed to get the girls hair curled in time for pictures and 9 am church!
We didn't have anywhere to go for Easter dinner, but our very fabulous friends, the Myers, invited us to join their family for the day.  It was a match made in heaven since neither Dustin nor I like the traditional Easter ham dinner and the Myers had pulled pork sandwiches. 
We are so grateful they made us feel like part of the family.  I think it's also important to note that this is the day we arranged the marriage of Luke and Lottie.  Luke and Lottie Rogers.  Doesn't that have a nice ring to it?

No comments: