layout

1/22/2013

Sadie Loo Who!

One very early morning in January, I woke up to a coughing kid.  I went in to check on him and make sure his humidifier was working.  Right when I was getting ready to lay back in my bed, I felt my first Sadie-induce labor pain.  An hour and a half later, and only one day overdue, our third little angel came into the world.
Who would have thought this dark haired bundle of goodness would turn into this adorable and precocious blonde six year old?  The only thing we knew for sure was that she would have dimples because all the nurses cooed over those gigantic craters from the moment she was born.
 The night before her birthday, Ellie and I went to town decorating her door and blowing up balloons for her room.  When she woke up she asked who had done it and I facetiously replied, "The Birthday Fairy."  Later on I found a note in her room:

Dear Birthday Fairy,

Please bring me a birthday toy.  Love, Sadie.

I didn't realize that the child whose mother has ruined not only the Tooth Fairy, but also the Easter Bunny would believe in a Birthday Fairy who has never made an appearance before in her entire 6 years of existence. 

 I also got her a little Birthday Girl pin to wear to school.  Or maybe she thought the Birthday Fairy did.  Who knows?  I should be sure and take more credit next time.  School was short lived, however, because we picked her up at lunchtime to head up to a weekend of fun in the snow in Greer. 

Sadie had actually been planning on a snow party for some time.  She had asked me to cover the house in snow and I had spent hours searching pinterest for some ideas.  And then right after Thanksgiving, some friends invited us to join them at a cabin for the long MLK Jr holiday which just so happened to be. . . Sadie's birthday.  How perfect!  Maybe the Birthday Fairy does exist??

We met up with the Maroneys for a little birthday lunch at Cafe Rio and headed up on our journey.  Sadie had gotten poked in the eye at one point of the day, so we weren't sure she was going to make it through for awhile, but luckily for us. . . she survived!

When the last three families finally made it up to the cabin it was time for CAKE!!!

I've got some foot issues going on, so standing around and making cupcakes wasn't really an option, plus I was busy trying to get everyone ready for a trip to the snow (which is hard when no one owns snow gear and you have to track it all down, your husband is out of town, and you can't walk). . . so I decided a Costco cake would be AMAZING!
And it WAS, thanks to my friend Karen.  She was just going to order me a plain white cake from Costco, we she noticed there was an Over-the-Hill cake design that would work really well for a birthday of sledding in the mountains.  And so the Costco people turned a cake meant for old farts, like 40 year olds ;), into an adorable little cake for a 6 year old. 

We love you Sade Loo Who, who I still wish were two!


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

That Sadie baby picture is going to make me cry. I'm not ashamed to say I teared up a little. Sadie is the perfect girl. Such a mix of fun, intelligence, SPUNK, and beautiful to boot. We're so lucky she's in our family and I love her to death.

That cake is terribly awesome!

Anonymous said...

What's up to all, the contents present at this website are in fact awesome for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.
Have a look at my website : diets that work

Kristine Hodson said...

Perfect POST!
I love Sadie!
Every picture of Sadie has her FABULOUS Sadie SPARKLE! And those dimples!
I love you Sadie!
Love Kristine