layout

9/20/2013

Random iPhone Fun

Dustin had a fantasy football draft night, which meant I was going to be hanging out with the kiddos for the weekend. I caved and let them each invite a friend over for a little party.
Ellie and her girlfriends spent their time either locked in their room painting nails and laughing hysterically (possibly from the fumes going on in that room) and making everyone milk shakes. These girls must have rock hard abs because they literally laughed for 6 hours straight. Literally!  LITERALLY!
Avery thought I was the coolest mom ever because I had a TV in my ROOM!  I let those two girls snuggle in my bed and play "fashion" all night. It's actually my favorite thing to crawl into bed with my girlfriends too. But not in a weird creepy way, more like a "We're so close that this is NOT creepy at all, but totally normal."
And these two. . . they had a fun time throwing popcorn into each other's mouths. I think they missed a lot.
We spent Labor Day BBQing and swimming with some of our favorite people. When it got dark we went inside and all 30 of us piled into the family room to watch Studio C clips.
BYU football season is upon us and we will do anything we can to watch it. Even if it means asking the salesman at Nordstrom to change the channel for me. Or playing games with friends with it on the.entire.time.
Rickie and I took the kids on an adventure in the pouring rain. We never get to use umbrellas in Arizona!
Half day for the kids, but school for Luke,  meant a lunch date at Cafe Rio
The weather is finally cooling off so we've had lots of BBQs and park days with friends since the nights are so nice.
I bought Luke a winter coat which he insisted on wearing all day and Sadie is an amazing reader with lots of inflection and emotions!
I took Belly Dancing and let me tell you, my hips do not move like Shakira.
Before it cooled off, it was still ridiculously hot and we swam into late September. It is still in the 90s but that means soup and boots for Arizona girls!
My girlfriend turned 40 and we celebrated with a 70's murder mystery night. Dustin would be totally creepy with a mustache.

More and more swimming. I will be so glad to put away the swimsuits and towels for good! I will miss how well the kids sleep after an afternoon of swimming.

Luke has turned into a pretty great swimmer this summer. I hope he doesn't forget in the next 6 months.

No comments: