layout

9/30/2013

Let's Get Physical

Much to my friends and family's chagrin, I've spent the last 9 weeks participating in a Fitness Challenge with my gym buddies.

Forgive the terrible picture, we had just finished working out for an hour and the lighting in the gym isn't exactly photo shoot approved. If you can believe it, there's one that's even WORSE than this one.

Seven days a week we lived by 5 hard and fast rules:
* Keep a food journal (I wanted to burn mine by the end)
* Drink 8 glasses of water a day (I think we all know this was not a problem for me since I've actually gotten drunk off of water before -- literally people -- LITERALLY)
* No sugar (cue my sobbing right now)
* One hour of exercise (except Sunday)
* No eating after 7

On weekdays a die was rolled between 8 and 9 pm for a bonus point for the day. If you followed the rule that corresponded with the number rolled for the day you got another point.
* No soda
* No white flour
* No fast food
* Half hour of extra exercise
* Bed by 10
* 5 servings of fruits and veggies

Each Sunday night you had to e-mail Melinda with your total points (worth one more point) making each week worth 40 points. We did get one cheat day a week which made it all bearable.

I don't know who was more annoyed, my husband when I would scarf down a meal at 6:55 before putting anyone else's food on the table, or my friends when we went out to eat and I grilled the waiters and passed on dessert.  Or the last Friday night of the challenge when I had to go to bed at 10 pm.

But guess what - I WON! Well, I tied for winner. Whomp whomp. I guess that means it was too easy? It didn't feel too easy. We're revamping the rules for round 2. Yes, I'm crazy. Not only did I sign up for round two. . . I'm in charge.


No comments: