layout

1/12/2014

Birthday Girls!!

It seems like some of my very favorite people have January birthdays -- including my AH-MAZING sister, my funniest friend Kristin, and of course my most adorable blonde child, SADIE!!  I didn't get to celebrate with my sister this year, but I did get to par-tay with the other two.

 Last year we were up at the cabin for Sadie's birthday and I thought that would totally count as a really cool birthday party. Apparently she expected more. So this year I outsmarted her and threw her a PRE-birthday surprise party over Christmas break. I had read something about Come As You Are parties that were popular in the 60s and 70s and thought it would be so funny to kidnap some of Sadie's friends for her very own party.
 
One Monday morning she woke up to signs and balloons and a giant donut cake.
 
 I threw her in the car and went to kidnap 5 of her friends (because I had no more room in my car -- although one ended up being sick). This literally meant stealing them from their beds (I did warn their mothers).

Once we got back home we had a pancake bar and hot chocolate for breakfast. Then the girls watched a movie before they ran off to play in Sadie's room. 
 
We did play a few games before they had to go home.
 It was the easiest birthday party I have ever thrown. I spent about zero hours planning and Sadie LOVED it.
 

The next week was time to celebrate Kristin's 30th birthday. When you're over the age of 30, you can't wait for everyone else to join the club. We went out for breakfast, which she insisted could not be about her birthday. I just needed an excuse to go to Kneaders.

 And that weekend I got to help be part of a surprise party that included everyone having one of these for when we walked in.
 
We took her out for a pedicure while everyone else got ready for a Costa Vida catered dinner, squeezing into Kristin's bed, How Well does Darcy know Kristin, Heavy Heavy Hangover and lots of dessert. So glad this girl is my friend!
 Having so much fun is exhausting.

No comments: