layout

3/24/2014

Fire Station Field Trip

I actually didn't have to go on this field trip. When I pulled up, a few extra moms had shown up and wanted to go, so Miss Becky told me I could go home and take two hours off. Only I had 3 kids at home and they were suppose to be doing chores and Luke is my baby. . . so I stuck around. I actually feel lucky that I got to go.
 
The boys in my group were *so* excited and the firemen were so sweet to them. Plus the comments 4 years olds come up with are priceless.  Things like, "Your carpet is cool." Or "My name is Kate and he's Luke. We both have a "k" in our name."
Luke got to be the line leader AND the demonstrator for the "Stop, Drop, Cover Your Face and Roll," portion. That's right, they added a part. If I hadn't gone on this field trip, I would have never known.

During the tour they showed the kids everything -- from the bathroom to the kitchen. The kids were amazed by every.single.room. They oohed and ahhed over the laundry room even. It did have a giant ice machine. I about died when one of the kids (NOT LUKE!!!) crawled onto one of the beds and started jumping. Of course the firemen were unphased and as kind as you can be.
 
I think I had almost as many questions as the kids did. I am so grateful for their sacrifices and service.
And they saved the best part for last -- the firetruck and fire equipment. Now all Luke wants to be when he grows up is a firefighter.

No comments: