layout

12/25/2014

Christmas Day

Last year our kids woke up six or seven times in the middle of the night to check out the gifts. This year we decided to wrap the hallway entrance so no one could see through until the morning. We then made a deal that they could wake up anytime after six a.m. Any time before that and they would have to come into our room and wait.
 
 Everyone did a pretty good job of staying in bed and we had a lovely Christmas day.
 
I tried really hard to go light on Christmas this year. Every year I say I'm going to and then I go crazy. I figured the kids are growing up and if I was going to keep Christmas small, this was the year I needed to start.
 I always fill their stockings with socks, underwear, new toothbrushes and a toy or two.
 Luke got a new bike!

One of the funniest hits of Christmas were these ridiculous footie pjs that Dustin bought for the girls. I guess sometimes it's worth a trip into Justice.

Luke's favorite toy was Zoomer Dino.

Nate's favorite toy was his new iPod (and the Xbox).
 

Sadie was dying for Ever After High dolls.
 

And Ellie finally got a phone!
 

It was a good year for everyone.We played with neighbors, built puzzles, played our new games and just lazed around the house. Then we picked up take out for dinner.
 Dustin and I gifted each other new carpet. It's been 3 months and we've still done absolutely nothing to even start the process. Maybe we can regift it to each other for our anniversary. Merry Christmas!!

No comments: