layout

5/31/2005

A bath heals all wounds

As you can tell, it's been a looooong hard day here. It started off when Ellie woke up in a wet diaper and didn't want to take it off to put underwear on. It just went down hill from there. . . Daddy had to go back to work, Mommy wouldn't let her have any more lolli pops and no cookies for breakfast, Nate wanted to play with all her toys. . . she drew on herself, spilled water all over the floor and tripped on it, refused to pick up her toys, threw a ball at Nate's head and made him cry. . . you get the idea.

By 12:45, Ellie and I were at odds with each other. We were both in tears crying, "I loooooooove you," and trying to make ourselves feel better. I called Dustin since I was going crazy and was telling him about how hard our day was when I realized I could hear running water. I run back into our bathroom and there is Ellie drawing herself up a bath. And not any bath -- a cold bath (she know she's only allowed to play with the cold water handle). I asked her what was she doing and she told me, "Baths make me feel better."

Of course I emptied the bath right away. . . and then drew her up a nice warm one (you were thinking I made her get out of the tub weren't you??? I'm not THAT mean of a mom). Nate hopped in for a little while too. Apparently, a bath does work wonders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who's rev d?

and why is he suggesting your child has emotional problems? :)