layout

7/08/2005

SUCCESS!

Yes, Rogers Raging Reunion 2005 went off perfectly fine. The children survived, the house isn't completely trashed, Ellie quickly got over her fear of dogs, Nate adored sleeping in the closet (so much so that he is napping there right now) and we even managed to eat before 8 pm a few nights (ha ha ha). Seriously though, it was so much fun. I just loved watching the kids play together. It really made me wish we had family around. There's some special bond between cousins that just makes your heart melt. Dustin and I never had any cousins to "bond" with, so it really saddens me that Ellie and Nate are so far away from all of theirs. Would some of you stinkers move out here please??? I believe the theme for this year was, "Arizona Doesn't Suck After All."

Anyway, we love you all and miss you now that you are gone. Come see us soon! I'M THE BOSS you know.

As for the rest of you, I'm finally de-stressed and everything can go back to normal. I will return your phone calls, I will be scrapping, I will be working out at the gym, I will make it play group. . . as soon as I catch up on my sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only you knew the number of yellow, green, and orange sticky notes which Shauna and Casey prepped (but never used) that said 'I hate Arizona'.

The plan was to put them all over the house...along with a few that said 'I love Nate/I love Ellie' etc.

We (the California Rogers clan) had a great time and appreciate your hospitality!

Anonymous said...

I guess our love has ended. thanks.

Maddy said...

Now see, that would have been hysterical!

I got your thank you card and I was hoping the post-it notes would be inside.