layout

6/30/2005

STRESSSSSSSS!

Ah! I am STRESSING! In less than 24 hours, the entire Rogers clan will be here. I like to think that normally I'm a pretty relaxed, all be it "enthusiastic" person. But for some reason when company comes into town I get so high strung. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with being a control freak, and with 18 other people, I'm out-numbered and not in control.

I honestly don't think Dustin's family has ever seen me *not* stressed out. I feel a little badly about it, so I'm trying really hard to relax and go with the flow more. (All of you Rogers reading this -- be nice to me, I'm really trying).

So tell me it will be OK. The kids will be happy even if they don't get all the sleep they need. They won't starve if they don't get to eat at their normal times. A few days of craziness will not mess up our lives forever. I'll just keep saying it over and over again. Now I have to go to the gym and burn off some energy and then take the kids swimming so they'll be exhausted for nap time because this is the last good sleep they're going to get!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh...

First, let me say that we love you 'stressed out'. That's when I'm happiest ;)

Second, your kids are going to be messed up forever regardless of what happens this weekend. They do, after all, carry the Rogers genetic code.

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that you are protesting me. Not just our blog, but me, as a human being. You should be ashamed.-JO

Michelle said...

aw maddy! Everything will be fine :)

About everything being all hectic and the kids running around like chickens with their heads cut off...well they'll LOVE IT. :) Not only will they be fine they'll have fond memories of having everyong in town and watching Mommy lose it! LOL

So don't worry sweetie, you won't be scaring your children for life. At least not with this event :)

Anonymous said...

Give me a break -- you relaxed? In what life time?! Not in the 25 and a half years I have been your mother!! You have two of the most gorgeous and wonderful kids on the planet, a lovely home to show off and the one of the greatest husbands around. Step back and enjoy the weekend -- you're making us fastidious control freaks look bad!!! Love ya, Mom