layout

6/20/2006

Haircuts


Soooo, I actually decided to put some pictures up on here. The kids actually got haircuts! I chopped Ellie's off. She looks so much cuter with short hair, gets waaaay less tangles and it's so much cooler for the summer. It looks adorable on her most of the time. We've been swimming every day for 3 weeks, so I've let it "air dry" and it has my unfortunate wave to it. But it looks really great on Sundays and Monday mornings.

Nate's haircut was long overdue. My girlfriend said she'd do it one day when we were scheduled to come over and play, but then her little boy got sick, and then my kids got sick, and then her kids got sick again. . . it was a vicious cycle where we never saw each other, so Nate's hair grew longer and longer. Of course I didn't want to offend her, so I rejected BOTH my neighbors offers to buzz his head for me (their both hairdressers). So Nate continued to use his hair to store food, liquids. . .whatever he thought he might need later on.

So 2 weeks ago, he finally got it cut. YEAY! He's so cute all buzzed, and I made sure it was a 3 this time. In this picture, he's doing Ellie's chore -- putting away the silverware. The silverware was sitting on the counter all morning, so after lunch, Nate pulls over a stool and starts putting them in the drawer (not in the right slots, but I'll take what I get!). So I run to get the camera and then suddenly Ellie is soooooooooobing because she wants to be in the pictures (see picture below to witness Ellie's selfish attempts to get in a picture by kissing her brother and pretneding she likes him). And of course she's FREAKING out because that's *her* chore. Like they hadn't been sitting on the counter ignored for the last 4 hours. I thought it was so smart of Nate to figure that all out.

And that's all the pictures I've got right now. Susan took some pictures of the kids when we went boating last weekend, so I'll have to upload those when she sends them over, but I doubt they'll get up before I leave town. Can't wait for some cooler weather :)

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Brrr. I thought it was cold out there today. Hell must have frozen over! Maddy is blogging! Yipeeeee!

I'm so glad you got pictures of Nate doing his chores!! What a good guy!!! He is already leaps and bounds ahead of a lot of men who would just keep using the utensils they need right out of the basket. Go Nate!!

Ellie and Nate both look great with the haircuts!! And I am totally loving that Hawaiin shirt! ;)

Lisa said...

that is the most darling pic of Ellie!! Nate is sooooo cute! gotta love the sibling rivalry coming out so soon!!! hey--it will be cool again--in NOVEMBER!!! I think it's about 76 here in Prescott!!!

Michelle said...

dude? Your kids have CHORES!!!??? UT OH. Ellie's like 4 right. Shoot. Noah is 7 and he STILL doesn't have official chores. It's more like me screaming, "pick up that living room before I lose my mind!" ahaha

where ya going???????????

Anonymous said...

finally! those pictures made me cry. i miss them so much. why are you dressing your daughter so immodestly? no wonder she take hurculeus over moroni.

love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, those are cute pictures. I love those kids. You go Nate! You must have a lot of really good examples -- your big sister, your daddy and your mommy! I love the Hawaiian shirt -- looks like he's ready to check us out at Trader Joe's! Love you guys!!! See you all on SAT!