layout

7/18/2006

Excuses, excuses


OK, so every time I get on this stinking computer, I end up doing stuff for Primary. But I figured no one really wanted to hear about our trip to Sedona, they'd just want to see pictures of the kids. Unfortunately, Nate is at the age where he doesn't sit still, so there aren't very many (which is fine since I think blogger only lets you do 3 pictures anyway). But I think we can all forgive me for my slacking as I am *obviously* not in true Maddy form -- I mean, my Christmas cards aren't even done and we're over half way through July (I may have to buy them this year GASP)!

So for the 4th of July holiday, we drove up to Sedona with the kids. It was such a fun trip. The weather was so much nicer down here and the kids had a blast. We did some shopping in Anthem on the way up and then spent most of our time at the pool. Ate way too much food, walked around down town and ate more food (ice cream, chocolate, all the good vacation stuff). PLease note how Ellie thinks she is some sort of celebrity. She wore my sunglasses and that oversized hat the whole trip. Ellie and Nate shared a room for the first time in their life and managed to stay up late chatting.

Basically just a lot of fun. I even got a massage at the Spa while I was there. That was probably my favorite part of the weekend. We then came home Tuesday night in time for the fireworks (they didn't start till 10pm!) which we went to see with friends. I then managed to be hit by a rogue glow stick straight in the nose leaving me with a HUGE bruised nose for a week. Oh how I love the 4th of July!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute photos, Maddy! Looks like you all had fun! Thanks for updating. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures -- but you need to get that second comment ! I miss and love you all! Grandma!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.