layout

9/27/2011

Just Today

How is it already the end of the first quarter? I can't believe August and September disappeared like that and I only have 3 Christmas presents ready to go. Pretty soon I'm going to be one of those slackers that leaves Christmas shopping until Thanksgiving weekend. Or even worse -- December.

Current status update: Dustin is out of town. I'm knee-deep in planning two Halloween parties & Nate's birthday party. Sadie and I emptied out the toy room and hope to get it painted this weekend for a super secret project. Nate lost another tooth and we're packing our cold weather clothes for a trip up North! I love this time of year because there are so many projects, events to plan and lists to check off. I can't be the only person who loves making lists, right???

Today my do list looks like this: stay home, get some laundry done, clean the bathrooms, have some friends over for Sadie and wait for the big kids to get home from their half day. I thought maybe I should blog while I'm sitting around in my pajamas. Yes, I am in my pajamas. Who gets dressed when they won't actually have to get out of their car? The problem -- I have no pictures to speak of. I got out my camera to take a few and of course Luke is covered in yogurt and Sadie won't let me brush her hair, but here they are in all their cuteness.Have you ever seen her dimples? Of course you have. You can see them from space.
Also exceptionally handsome, despite being TROUBLE! Yesterday he repeatedly climbed out of his crib at nap time, took his diaper off and pooped on the floor. He's really lucky he is cute. And my last.
When I got the camera out, the kids were "sharing" Sadie's iPod (it's Fisher Price and so much fun if you're looking for Christmas gift ideas -- you can download songs straight from your iTunes account). It captures their personalities so well. Sadie is the performer and Luke is a "fixer."Last night the kids were suppose to be cleaning their rooms and I found Sadie playing in the bathroom. I totally didn't yell, "SADIE! Why aren't you cleaning your room??" I probably said, "Oh sweet Sadie, why aren't you making a good choice?" But whatever I said, Sadie replied, "Probably because I'm a scurvy pirate."

4 comments:

The Tyler's said...

I love Sadie's dimples more than life! What a knock out she is gonna be.
Can't wait to see you guys in a couple short months...I'm booking flights today! Yikes!

Kathleen said...

i love those little twins. seriously, they look SOOOOOO much alike in these pictures. they are SO cute. sadie told me our party would have music if you fixed her music player, it looks like you did!!

Lisa Brown said...

Well, you know how those scurvy pirates are :). And I live by my lists - I don't know how I would function without them.

vanessak said...

Seriously cute kids.