layout

10/02/2013

Wake me up, when September ends. . .

I am denial that it is already October. We spent all September getting into the swing of things, and now my kids are home for two and half weeks to throw my schedule all off balance again. I can't believe we're already a quarter of the way through the school year.
The last day of each quarter is "free dress day," and my kids were excited to get out of their uniforms. I ended up teaching Art Masterpiece that day and could hardly recognize the kids. It's amazing how much personality comes out when they get to choose their own clothes.

I've actually been loving break, not because my kids sleep in or the house magically stays clean, but because we take it sloooow. Monday morning I came home from the gym to find all 4 of my kids up so we went out for a little run. I think all the neighbors heard the Rogers' kids were up because by 8 am my driveway was full of bikes, scooters, chalk art work and children.

We've been to the movies, out to lunch with friends, ice cream date, and over at all the neighbors. Today is play date day so Sadie is gone and the other kids have friends over which miraculously makes the house quieter.

And lastly, a companion piece to my random picture post  to finish up our September.
 6th grade had an Egyptian Day. It was actually a fun project because the number one rule was that it had to be made completely of things found around the house and no parental involvement.  

 
While the boys were off playing in Utah, I went to my own BYU party.

 I took the kids lunch up at school. Don't let Sadie fool you.  She just picked off the tomatoes, cucumbers and pickles and only ate those. I was left with a huge bun and meat.

 Last outing with my Laurels for Rylie's birthday. After 3 years, I'm getting released. I'll miss YW, but I'm excited to have a new calling.

 Making banana bread with some little monkeys.

 Book Club -- always one of my favorite nights of the month

 FINALLY the weather is cooling off. I've been forcing my kids to take bike rides with me. I love being cold in the morning when I start my run.

 Mission call openings. I can't get over how many kids I have watched grow up over the years are off serving missions now. I am so excited for them but it makes me panic to think that this could be Ellie and me in 8 years.

And finally, I saved the best for last.  Quite possibly my favorite pictures from the last month! Luke came out one day and begged me to take pictures of him as a "dinosaur trophy."He had different poses for every single one. (Please ignore the messy shirt, he had just tried to eat an apple *through* it. It's in the trash now).
 This is a T Rex. I about died when he asked to see the picture and he said, "See, I'm a dead t rex."
 Stegosaurus
Stygimoloch

I don't even need to worry about what an emotional mess I'm going to be in 8 years when Ellie goes off to college, I've already got to deal with letting this guy go off to Kindergarten in three quarters of a year.

2 comments:

Danika said...

So what is your new calling?!?

Lara Neves said...

Oooh, I want your pink BYU shirt! :)

And I love your book club set up.