layout

9/12/2006

Shake your groove thang

Woo hoo -- Fall is finally here (if someone would just let the weather know) and we're back in the groove of things. Life is crazy, but at least it's organized craziness. I can handle that.

This weekend the kids did not nap at all between a birthday party, a work party and a mission farewell, so you'd think they'd be all tuckered out, but they seem to have some source of endless energy. Not to mention baby #3 likes to kick me continually from 10 pm until 5 am so if I'm not asleep before 10 or if I have to wake up to pee, all hope of falling asleep again is lost.

We finally spilled the beans on the baby, but not the sex. I came up with a cute way to tell everyone what we are having, but of course everytime I go out to buy stuff I completely forget. DOH! I'm pretty sure my family is going to kill me if I don't tell them soon.

Annnnnd, I've officially started my Christmas shopping. Yay! I love this time of year. A valid reason to shop. I bought Ellie a bunch of stocking stuffers and a new backpack which I filled with crayons, pencils, coloring books. . . all those school supplies that are on sale right now. I got Dustin a two presents (which I can't mention here since he can actually read -- not that they are anything exciting), and I got Nate some big boy bedding for when we move him out of the crib (which could be another year, who knows). Poor Nate, too young to get any fun toys, he just gets practical things. Actually, I did buy him a Shake N' Go car which then proceeded to make noise the entire drive home. I also bought Ellie a doll. I was going to splurge and get her an American Girl Doll, but then I found a doll at Target that's the same size for $20, so we went with that instead. And the outfits are $10 each instead of $28. I'm so cheap.

Ellie has obviously caught the Christmas bug too because she keeps asking when we can put up the Christmas lights and the Christmas tree. It's never to early to start celebrating Christmas if you ask me :)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

And the outfits are $10 each instead of $28. I'm so cheap. <<----- that's not cheap, my friend, that's SMART!

I'm SO glad you told your family about the baby. I was having a nervous breakdown not knowing what I could say to whom. So thank you for relieving me of that pressure. It is all about me anyway right? LOL

Michelle said...

And the outfits are $10 each instead of $28. I'm so cheap. <<----- that's not cheap, my friend, that's SMART!

I'm SO glad you told your family about the baby. I was having a nervous breakdown not knowing what I could say to whom. So thank you for relieving me of that pressure. It is all about me anyway right? LOL

Kerry said...

Baby? What baby? ;)

Aren't those shake and go cars the best? Nate will love it! It doesn't require any chasing after from the parents, or instructions. Yay!

That bedding is adorable! I'm glad you found it! That relieves me of the pressure of being a personal Target shopper. It is all about me and Michelle, really. ;)

I think you should put up your tree and I'll put up Halloween decorations today!

Lisa said...

well, guess what--those american girl dolls end up in the yard covered with dirt just like the cheaper dolls do--not that i know anything about that...

Unknown said...

I don't even want to think about Christmas till it drops below 80 degrees; mmmkay? No Christmas talk!

;)

Baby talk- yay! Finally.

Anonymous said...

shake your groove thang, sistah. what sex is sexy rogers?