layout

12/05/2006

December crunch

Here’s what we’ve been up to lately:

Hung out with old friends. Some good friends from BYU, the Pauls, were in town. They live in California and we don’t see them enough. Their girls are adorable and it was so great to just relax and catch up with old friends.

Got to see more family. Dustin’s youngest brother and wife weren’t able to get time off for Thanksgiving, so they missed the big get together. Luckily for us, they ended up having a 10 hour layover in Phoenix so we got to hang out with them on Saturday.

Ate myself sick. At a friend’s surprise birthday party, I ate way too many sweets way too late at night and spent the nice sick to my stomach. Lesson learned – mashed potatoes, rolls and honey butter, and chocolate mouse cheesecake at 8:30 at night are not a dinner.

Relized at 3:30 in the morning that I’m totally unprepared for the baby. No name, no coming home outfit. . . I don’t even think I own a diaper bag anymore. I haven’t registered for the hospital and I decided to switch doctors at the last minute because I don’t like the showers at the hospital they deliver at. I also need to find a new pediatrician since I don’t think I’ll ever make it to Scottsdale again.

Licked and stamped my Christmas cards. After searching all over for paper I liked for my Christmas letter, I settled. I hate settling, but at least they are done. Of course after I’ve licked and sealed 5 envelopes, I realize that I totally forgot to sign the letters I put inside. DUH! Mailed off my Christmas packages and bought stamps. Glad to have that over with.

Spent the morning trying to buy Dustin’s Christmas present – with no luck. Nate and I trekked all over town only to find sales people that had no clue about the product so now I actually have to RESEARCH something.

Trying to get Primary organized for the New Year. My head is swimming. Luckily our last baptism of the year is this weekend. So I’m off to drop of his gift and talk to him about Saturday!

Counting the days till Christmas Eve. I’ve got so much stuff going on between then and now that I can’t wait to relax with friends and know that the madness is about to be over. And then have a baby and never sleep again. . . I changed my mind. I think I can wait.

Hope your enjoying your December as much as I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maddy!!! I have been trying to locate you forever!!! I finally found your blog at the AIS website thingy... love your blog...beautiful kids! please e-mail me, I miss you so much and we have so much catching up to do!!!

Love ya Rachel Collet (Webb now)
Rachel_tabularasa@hotmail.com

Lisa said...

i always knew in my heart that you were a licker!

Anonymous said...

if the baby is a girl, you could call her laura. that would be one less thing to worry about! :P