layout

12/11/2006

Fa la la la la



I can't even remember the last time I updated. I had probably been super productive. It's all gone down hill from there. I turned into a complete bum. As you can see from the picture, the kids have followed suit.

Dustin has been really busy getting the house together, so it's just been me and the kids. With everything for Christmas pretty much done, I've lost all my desire to be productive. So the kids and I pretty much do as little as possible to make it through the day. I'm still trying to think of ways to get out of getting dressed every morning.

Friday I had a doctor's appointment and of course they found something strange during my examination (I'll save you the details). That lead to a weekend of worrying and crying. Only to find out today (they made me come back in to re-check everything) that everything is going to fine. Why do they do that to pregnant women? Have they no hearts? Didn't they realize I'd freak out all weekend? I did get another ultrasound out of the whole deal. Still a girl and still right on schedule. She's not huge or anything, so I doubt she'll be early. She does have incredibly long legs though, and lots of hair!

The bad news -- this morning I woke up and used all my anxious energy to clean the neglected house, only to come home from the docotr's to find it completely trashed (I still love my husband). And all the good news has caused me to sink back into my lazy slump again. So I doubt anything will be cleaned again until right before my sister comes.

And for a quick recap of our weekend (when I wasn't being hysterical)-

Friday night we went out for dinner with friends. So much fun but of course I ate too much, too late and paid for it with cramps all night. YEAY for me! You'd think I'd learn. Dustin worked on the house all day Saturday, running home to come to an hour of the Ward party with us. We had breakfast with Santa. Nate liked Santa but refused to sit on his lap -- typical 2 year old. Ellie reminded Santa that she asked for a doodle bear and too much make up.

Saturday night was the beginning of Nate's throw up fest -- which was really fun. He never quite got the concept of trying to throw up in the bowl. He appears to be doing a little better today, but still no appetite.

Sunday Ellie and I braved Church. Ellie of course developed a fever and slept on me all of Sacrament meeting. I then had to run home and put her to bed and make it back in time to do Sharing Time.

And so there you have it. Thrilling, I know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry you're having a tough time! i hope everything gets back to normal and you can get back to enjoying christmas! :)

Lisa said...

oh i hated it too when they gave you something to worry about when you were pregnant--as if you needed a reason! hang in there maddy!

Anonymous said...

Whhhhhy do they always do that?!?!? Have you noticed that they always do it to patients on Fridays too? Is it some sort of sick office humor? "Let's freak out some pregnant women for the weekend."

Ugh. I feel you pain. I had that happen to me too. I spent the entire weekend crying... over nothing. Thank goodness. But that was the longest weekend ever.

I'm sorry you have so much going on right now. Especially during your favorite month. That just doesn't seem fair. :(

Hang in there, and know that we all love you. If you need anything..let us know. And yes, I'll check my answering machine more often! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Friday appointments are not good. Make Thursday appointments. ;)

SO sorry you went through all that. I'm so glad everything is ok!

Get dressed, ya lazy bum (I say that even though I'm still in my pj's...). :)
Beth (flippin' Blogger won't let me sign in)

Anonymous said...

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I am going to be there in FOURRRRR daysss!!!!!! I cannot wait!! I love you mucho!