layout

12/01/2006

Christmas Survey

OK, we all know I hate these, but this one's about CHRISTMAS! How could I resist?

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? BOTH please!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps -- I loooove to wrap presents!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree and white on the house. Ellie loves colored lights so much, I bought a colored light tree for our Advent tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving. . . if I can wait that long

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Anything with sugar!!! Especially sugar cookies

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Spending them with family, my brother and I unrapping our gifts and rewrapping them to see what we got, the year my family tried to trick me by filling a box with trash. . .

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa ? When I caught my parents playing the Tooth Fairy. . . I figured out everything in the same night -- Santa, the Easter Bunny. . . it was a hard night and I STILL remember it.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Pajamas from Santa

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Breakable/pretty ornaments up top, the ugly/less breakable ones on the bottom and then the kids usually add a few of their own (ie toys) and rearrange the bottom ones as the weeks progress.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? YUCK! That's why I live in AZ thank you very much.

12. Can you ice skate? If you can call it that.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't think I have one. Anything that's an actual surprise and not something I specifically asked for.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my kids -- doing the Nativity Story, listening to Christmas Carols, taking gifts around to neighbors. . . I just love doing it with my family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Did I not say sugar cookies?

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve dinner with friends -- good food, good company, having the kids act out the Nativity, making sugar cookies, getting the PJs from Santa and then putting out all the gifts :)

17. What tops your tree? Nothing :(

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving (but who doesn't like to get stuff too)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Away in a Manger. It's so beautiful and simple.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? YUCK

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maddy, i just want you to know that i think you are beautiful and i just love you. i am so glad you are my sister and you are the best example i could have ever had. love you!

Anonymous said...

This survey SCREAMS you Maddy!!

I'm a little sad that you don't have anything to top your tree. We need to work on that. Shopping day?????

Anonymous said...

kerry - i agree! MADDY - christmas queen of arizona - doesn't have a tree topper?!?! something must be done!! ;)

Maddy said...

Oh don't feel too sorry for me. Dustin bought me a star last year, but it was too heavy and wouldn't stay on top of the tree (since it's a fake one -- shhhhhh). So I just need to find something light enough to put up there.