layout

6/22/2007

Summer Lovin!


I can't believe that summer is half way over, it has been flying by. I've been taking a self-imposed break from the computer the last week or so. I'll get on to check e-mail, but we've just had so much fun being lazy and doing fun things that I've enjoyed not being tied to anything. So forgive my poor blogging, I've been enjoying my kids!
We've been swimming a lot, summer movies, playing with friends, play group, baking (gasp, I've been sticking with my goals), going to the gym, going out to lunch, shopping. . . The other day we had Mer's kids over to play. I've known Meredith since I was born, so it's neat that 20 plus years later we live less than a mile apart and our girls are good friends and going to the same school. Little girls can be such divas! I caught them all in the guest room bossing poor Nate around.

We started Sadie on rice cereal this week. She's not quite sure that she likes it. Ellie couldn't get enough of the stuff when she started, but Sadie sort of looks like she's going to cry. I can't believe she is growing up so fast. She's started schooching herself across the floor and she stopped napping in the swing. She's also really started going for her thumb.










Dustin is off in California, so Ellie and I had a sleep over last night. Ellie was actually the best little helper when I was getting Sadie ready for bed. She got me a drink and turned off the lights. . . I told her that Dustin usually rubs my feet and she went and got lotion even. I love that girl :) After I got Sadie down, we put on face masks and put cucumbers on our eyes (Ellie saw it on a TV show one time and has been obsessed with the idea since we got cucumbers last week). Then we stayed up and watched cartoons until 10:30.







And here's Nate. My mom says he never gets enough face time, but it's usually because he's running around too much. Last night the kids were out playing and when we finally got ready for bed, I found a bunch of toys from the neighbors on our lawn. Casey -- I think this is Brady's truck and Jill, we have Brody's new sword. I'm holding them hostage for cookies ;p




Oh -- and here is Nate's great hair-do, courtesy of Ellie.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been on a self-imposed computer break as well, but finally need to blog later today. It's a relief to not be tied to it, huh? ;)

So i guess you use cookie blackmail with all your friends, huh? :P

Cute photos!!

Michelle said...

"and here's nate" HAHAHhahaha like, "oh and, have a boy too" You crack me up girlie!

Lisa Brown said...

I need to take a break from the computer too - I am wasting too much of our summer. Oh, and I LOVE the cucumber picture! What awesome memories you are making!

PS. Neither of my kids would touch rice cereal :).

Lisa said...

so did sadie have that cute bow on just for eating cereal? cute kids and glad you had a girls night with ellie!

Jamie said...

LOL! Love that hairdo. He looks like he really wants to get out of there on the picture w/ all the dressed up divas. :)

Sadie has such beautiful big brown eye. So stinkin'cute.

I really need a self-imposed computer ban!

Unknown said...

You guys are having so much fun! I want to join the fun! I could really use a face mask.