layout

7/14/2007

Gratitude




Today we threw a shower for my girlfriend Jacque. As her mom was leaving, she kept thanking us and telling us what great friends Jacque had. I kept thinking how true it was -- I have the greatest girl friends. I've been really blessed in my life to have super amazing friends. I hope they all know how much I love each and every one of them. And of course all of you reading this. I love you all! You've each brought so much joy into my life. Thank you for being such great examples and always making me laugh. I have shared so much with each of you over the years and I am so blessed to know all of you. MWAH!

And with that, I have a little request. I have to speak in church in a few weeks (Jill you owe me big time for getting the Presidency off the hook) on Gratitude. So if you have any great insights, talks, scriptures, quotes. . . anything, even if it's just random thoughts or ideas. . .share them with me. Either here or via e-mail. I just want to hear your ideas about gratitude! Thanks!

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I found a great talk by Pres. Monson from a few years ago called "An attitude of Gratitude" http://www.lds.org/portal/site/LDSOrg/menuitem.b12f9d18fae655bb69095bd3e44916a0/?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=cac194bf3938b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1
It is great, and focuses on showing gratiude to those around you, but especially Christ. I hope it helps give you some ideas :).

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. i have a crush on your son and i want to take him to the prom. is that okay?

The Tyler's said...

I am sooooo sorry! That is really the worst thing ever to me. I'm sure you will do fabulous though. You both are great speakers. Let me know if you need me to watch your kids during the talk.