layout

7/30/2007

The Forgotten

I know, I know. . . I never got around to posting pictures of the other two the other day. Nate's been a little under the weather, I've had a zillion things to do and I had to give a talk in Church. Every time I got on the computer, I kept feeling guilty, so I would end up researching my talk and I never got around to anything fun. So as promised. . .

Our trip in Iowa ended with a bang as Sadie decided to grow up over night. The last day we were there she decided to give up swaddling and being put to sleep by me. She also decided to start army crawling and sitting up. PLUS, she started on baby food. It was a lot for me to handle in just one week, but she didn't really give me a choice.

Here's my two thumb suckers this morning. While I was vacuuming, I noticed they were just sitting there looking so cute together. Of course the second I got out the camera, Nate decided to "love" Sadie a little too much and that was the end of the cuteness since Sadie does not like the smothering.

Nate is adjusting to having Ellie at school. he first couple of days he was really mad at her for leaving him and he would ignore her when she came home. Now he's decided that he likes the extra attention from me and follows me everywhere. For instance, he's sitting in my lap right now. I can't believe I got rid of his entertainment! What was I thinking? I've had a crash course in how to play trains and super heroes. Oh, and make sure you notice that he a long sleeve shirt on in the pictures. Even though it is 99 degrees outside, Nate still has to wear his train shirt.

This morning we vacuumed, folded laundry -- 3 weeks worth, I didn't know we had that many clothes, did puzzles and Sadie played Barbies. Now it's nap time, the bug guy came and I have to finish up my Visiting teaching this afternoon. I know what you're thinking -- STOP! The excitement is too much! Well, that's just my glamorous life. It's the flossy flossy.

And this is me writing really really small about Ellie since this post is really about Nate and Sadie. Today was her first day going to school without me. Tasha picked her up and took her to school. BOO HOO! It was definitely sad for me, but Tasha said she did great.

8 comments:

Janel said...

I am just in awe at how gorgeous Sadie is. Must be the name :D And we have definetly worn our share of long sleeved spiderman shirts all summer long. Well, you've seen Wyatt running around in all black including the full mask the last few weeks. Boys are wierd.

Anonymous said...

Our grandkids are so stinking gorgeous! Love 'em! Thanks for the new pics -- it made this Grandma's day! We love you! M's Mom and Dad

Nielsen Family said...

Hey,
How's it? It is sure fun to see all your pictures... your kids are so fun and adorable!
Keep us posted.

Lisa said...

cute pics!! isn't it so sad when your baby decides there is more to life than just eating and sleeping?

laura said...

she's just so beautiful - i think she looks just like ellie! :)

Chelsea said...

Maddy...I have a true confession. I have been stalking your blog. I had to finally come out and admit this. It's just that your kids are too dang cute. So now that it is out in the open I can spy and not feel guilty knowing you don't know! I am rambling I know. Ask Ellie if she has a boy named Chandler in her class. It is my nephew and I know he and Scout are buddies. Hope you are doing good! Talk to you later. Chelsea

Ammon said...

I can relate... I'm so worried about what I'm going to do with Wes once Carly's in school ALL day! Maybe I'll put him in preschool and I'll get a few days to myself... What will that be like?

Unknown said...

They are so cute!!