layout

7/24/2007

Take two


Thanks everyone for your sympathy and well wishes. I am happy to report that the 1st day of school was "AWESOME." Ellie had a great day although the first thing she told me when she came home was, "We didn't even learn anything." She was so disappointed.

She did come home with a full lunch bag though. I asked her if she ate anything and she told me there was only room for a few grapes and I packed her "too much stuff." What kid doesn't want cookies, yogurt and fruit snacks?? I also had to laugh at the names of the kids in her class. I can't tell if they're real or if she got them a little mixed up. One boy is named Marvin -- no wonder he was the first kid to pull a stick. If that we're my name, I would rebel too. And then there's Santiago and Mexica. If I didn't know Scout personally, I'd have questioned that name too.


Today Ellie was all smiles and happy as could be going to class. She blew me some kisses and walked off. RELIEF! Still not much progress on the lunch though. She ate a little bit of cake and 2 apple slices. I'm not even going to bother packing her a sandwich tomorrow.

And she learned things! We were sitting down reading Junie B tonight and she showed me the title page -- I was super impressed. She also learned the phonogram sounds for A and O. So all in all, this school thing may be bearable! I guess we'll see when the homework comes.

Coming later this week in the blog: My other children. Yes, I have a SON and a BABY!

8 comments:

Ammon said...

Yay for re-dos! I'm glad you're going through a couple of months before me... I'm taking notes!

Michelle said...

OH! so glad to see all that smiling going on. :)

Lunch, I'm afraid, hasn't got much better over here. I don't know how that boy grows. So I hear you on that one. I swear it's their nature to trade it and not tell us. At least that's what I tell myself in the hope that at least he's eating SOMETHING.

I almost forgot about Kinder homework. SUCKS! watch out LOL It was the worst so far. We had like at LEAST an hour a night. Crazy for a little peanut who just wants to run around after school and eat dirt (okay I'm kidding, pretty much *wink*)

Anonymous said...

why is she always so patriotic?

Anonymous said...

i have the cutest niece in the entire universe!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

oh my gosh she is so dang cute! kids never eat what's in there lunch--didn't us school moms forewarn you?

laura said...

ok, she is just the cutest thing! glad she adapted so quickly! lol at the lunch thing. i hate it when i have to throw food away...

Anonymous said...

We love Ellie -- but as I recall there are two other children in this family!!!! Where are the promised pics of them????????

Love Ya! M's Mom

Unknown said...

Glad it got better! And you should volunteer in the lunchroom (or visit Ellie) one day- it's an education in itself! ;)