layout

4/12/2009

Easter Overload

I've got a good excuse this time!!! Sunday night while at the Ashton's I started feeling pretty sick and I don't think I even slept again until Friday night. Poor Dustin didn't get much sleep either with me being up 24-7. Anyway, I was completely out of it all week and I'm not even sure if I was making sense half the time. Dustin would ask a simple question and I would start crying.

Luckily, the kids still got some Easter fun in until I felt better.

Wednesday: Nate's pre-school Easter Egg Hunt
Thursday: Nate and Sadie got to have a little Easter Egg hunt at Jill's and then Ellie and I made some Easter cookies
Friday: Our annual Easter Egg Hunt with all of our friends Sadie got the whole concept this year, so she was fun to watch run from egg to egg and then Nate and Ellie are self-sufficient these days, so I would say it was the perfect hunt.

Saturday: Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. Our numbers were definitely few -- probably because it was soaking wet.

I heard it raining all night, so when Jill called at 8 because it was raining, I suggested we cancel it all together. Well, only Jill could convince us to do it anyway. She's just got such a positive attitude about everything that you think, "You're right! Breakfast and an Easter Egg Hunt in the rain would be perfect!" And it really was. We live in Arizona after all, how often do we get to do anything in the rain?? It was freezing cold and the kids were soaked, but they had so much fun jumping in puddles and playing in the mud.
We spent the rest of the day getting the house cleaned after my week of zombie-hood, dyed Easter Eggs -- surprisingly less work and more fun than I thought it would be -- homemade pizza picnic dinner while we watched Wall-E and then the kids and I made banana bread for breakfast or a midnight snack if you were Dustin and me.

Sunday: Baskets and an Easter Egg Hunt in the house. It was kind of sad filling Ellie's Easter basket with a purse and clothes. No toys for her this year. Sadie finally got her Dora Backpack. Dustin bought it a few weeks ago and Sadie FOUND it early, stinker. When Dustin took it away from her she cried and cried for days. She'd just be sitting there and randomly say, "Where's my Dora present?" I couldn't believe she wouldn't just forget about it. "Is it my birthday? Do I get my present now?" FINALLY today was the day.
At breakfast I gave each of the kids a special egg from Mom and Dad. Sadie got some hair clips, Ellie got earrings and Nate got. . . a BAKUGAN! Nate has been dying for a Bakugan for about 6 months. I think every other boy on our street and in our circle of friends has one. I thought they seemed kind of pointless, so I refused to get any. Then a few months ago Nate started making his own Bakugan. He takes gum wrappers or chocolate foil wrappers and rolls them up into a ball and "battles" with them. After finding them all over my washing machine from being shoved in pockets and never taken back out, I decided that maybe I'd spring the whole $5 and buy him one. Totally worth it just for the sheer number of "thank-you's" I've gotten today. Nate will run into a room just to say, "Thank you for buying me a Bakugan."

Next on the list: Church and dinner with the Wells clan. Happy Easter! HE IS RISEN! Oh and since everyone has been asking me -- Ellie's headband is from Target. Can you believe it?? I know Lynette's little girl has some adorable ones from J Crew just like it, but I got Ellie's in the adult accessory section for $7.

15 comments:

grannie said...

ah! this is a wonderful post -- looks like a really fun weekend! there's nothing like a good day of playing in the rain! the pic of the kids is so adorable! i can hardly wait to see them! Love you all!

mystery boo papa said...

uh, picture of the elusive bakugan would be nice! what a picture. all smiles, no faces and no thumbs. wow!

Kathleen said...

oh my gosh!! nate is so so so handsome
ellie is so beautiful
and saide looks INSANE

love, lola

Lara Neves said...

Glad you're feeling better! Sounds like a lovely weekend...we had our hunt in the rain, too. But we're used to it, I think. :)

Molly said...

I was wondering if you weren't feeling well Sunday night. I hope it wasn't caused by having to save Brynley from drowning... Your kids had a great eAster wekk. The Bakugan thing is hillarious, I too think they are pointless but I'm pretty sure that's all Hayden wants for his B-day, oh well.

The Tyler's said...

For some reason I can't see what you wroted...my computer is acting all crazy these days! But I can see the pics and the kids looked adorable on EAster! I still love those dresses. So glad you got them. I'm in love with Ellie's hair all curly.
We too are in Easter overload over here!!

Megan said...

Looks like a fun Easter. Sorry you were sick all week, that stinks! Your kids are so cute, I think Lucy and Sadie would be a riot (or at least cause one) together.

Amber said...

Awww! We are sad that we missed the neighboorhood hunt this year..I didnt get a chance to check my blog until Friday night and by then it was too late. Looks like you guys had a blast in the rain though!!! It has been Easter overload here too! The kids look absolutley adorable in their Easter clothes! Love the girls dresses!

Rogers said...

Wow! I love that you had a Easter Egg hunt in the rain! It sounds so fun. LOVE the Easter clothes! sorry you were feeling sick hope your better!

Rach said...

Wow, that's quite the Easter celebration!! We know all about Bakugan here. My boys got them for Christmas and that's all they want to play with their friends. Be glad you only had rain. It was snowing all weekend here *sigh*. Maybe I should move to Arizona =).

AZ Hey-mon said...

the kids Easter picture turned out so cute! I think an egg hunt in the rain sounds like fun.

Meredith said...

So since I had two home sick in bed I didn't get the full easter morning photo thing done so we will do a belated one...we had killer headbands too - and ours even have pink feathers! :)

Lisa Brown said...

Sadie and her Dora backpack remind me of when Derek found ALL of his Christmas presents this year, and didn't understand why I made them dissapear for a few weeks, only to then give them to him.

Chelsea said...

All the boy cousins in our family love Bakugan. I think it is the most pointless thing. And sadly my boys love it too. Carter begs to look at them at Target. I am holding out though. I am sure if he were making them out of gum wrappers I would give in.
The kids all look great!!!

Holly said...

What the heck is a bakugan??? Never heard of one! Your kids are so adorable! I'll have to raid Target now...that headband is so cute!!! Hope you're feeling good! Miss you guys!