layout

4/28/2009

And then we were done

There is no better way to start the week than spending all morning ironing, getting 3 kids dressed, hair done and managing to find something comfy to put on your ever expanding belly and then sitting in church singing the closing song and having your two year old look at you and promptly proceed to vomit all over you for 2 minutes straight. Well maybe when she is in the process of throwing up and your husband is so helpful as to throw a pack of wet wipes at you. I'm pretty proud of the fact that I didn't heave myself. Good news: She hasn't thrown up since and I got to go home and change into something far more comfortable.

Anyway, I'll do a quick wrap up of the Birthday girls celebrations and then we'll be done with her for awhile. I think we dragged that birthday out for as long as possible!Our awesome neighbor Noah always puts up the birthday cake for everyone on the street's birthday. We're sure going to miss them when they move to Virginia :(

On her actual birthday I think we did our part to contribute to childhood obesity.
For breakfast she wanted doughnuts and then Dustin and I brought her McDonald's for lunch at school, plus more doughnuts we had for her class treat. When she got home from school I had her help me make her birthday cake because she still thinks that kind of thing is fun. In fact, I even let her decorate the whole thing. I think she did a really cute job.After a quick dinner of homemade pizza -- Ellie picked pineapple and canadian bacon -- we did the fastest present opening ever because we had to head off to the softball fields. Thanks for all the fun gifts family!

(this game is super fun for littler kids on the wii, even Sadie can play it and it may have burned off a few of the birthday calories)
(guess who got into this gift the very next day and earned herself a nice long time out?)

Then Saturday we took her out for our gift: a day out with mom and dad and NO siblings. I stole the idea from Jill. I like the idea of her getting a little one-on-one time with both of us.

We went out for lunch and then to see the Hannah Montana movie. It actually wasn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be and Ellie loved it. After it was over we took her shopping. She picked out some new sun glasses, flip flops and a shirt. The cute part was everything she bought was on a two-for-such and such a price deal so she bought a second set for Sadie. What a sweet sister. And so now she is seven. :( I can't believe next year I'll be blogging about her baptism.

Oh yeah, and Nate is still alive and well.

17 comments:

Holly said...

So...we'll be coming down in December to have a super drawn-out birthday celebration for me...ok? What a fun day! Happy Birthday Ellie!
I don't know what I would do if I got seriously puked on at church! Atleast the flip side was comfy clothes and a warm shower:o)
One more thing...you are welcome to come up anytime!!! We seriously love having people over, and our kids play so cute together!! Miss you guys!

Meredith said...

Cute cake! Wish I would have read this before I committed to watching Sadie today! J/K. We love Ellie and are so glad she had such a great birthday! My parents used to to the date for dinner thing - every other year was a party or the parent dinner. It was a good tradition!

Danika said...

I thought I was being an awesome mom last week when I saved some Krispy Kremes (can you believe I didn't eat them all?) for Brandon after school. He proceeded to them tell me that he already had donuts at school for Ellie's birthday. And then because I'm such an awesome mom I let him eat his Krispy Kreme too and not eat it myself...

PS - Glad we didn't go to Mexico as planned this past weekend. We probably would have gotten swine flu!

Michelle said...

Ah, my poor little Sadie and my poor little Maddy. Not sure which is worse, throwing up or being thrown up on.

Wow! That was some B-day celebration! Just right for a beautiful 7 year old.

And Nate -- what can you say about the smile and those eyes -- what grandma killer! He melts my heart!

I love you all

Mike and Kimmy said...

Your kids are absolutely adorable!!! Way to get out of church early. :) Isn't getting puked on lovely? I can't believe how big your kids are getting.

Amy F. said...

So fun!! I love Ellie's hair all curled up, I don't love how poor Sadie got sick -glad it wasn't drawn out! Nate is always such a little stud!!
Now that cake is adorable. Tell Ellie I was thinking, 'Wow, they did a really good job decorating that cake!' Super cute! I'd like to come burn some calories on that wii game, he he.
I can't believe I missed all the action at church! I was wondering why Dustin was cleaning the chapel during church (not after), and then Jill informed me of the excitement. Yikes! Both Ronan and Sadie!! Kinda funny (only because it didn't happen to me ;).
You look super cute, by the way!

Kathleen said...

blogging has ruined your life... next time this year you'll be BLOGGING about her baptism, what about WATCHING or making her a dress... you better get started now or ask mom to find mine, mine was adorable!

ellie is so gorgeous. i love her. next year at this time i will be in arizona for her baptism!!

Rach said...

Wow, I'm pretty impressed that you didn't vomit also. Poor Sadie (and poor you). I love the birthday cake in the yard, that is the funnest idea. Glad Nate is still alive and kickin =).

AZ Hey-mon said...

Ellie's cake turned out super cute.soon she'll be decorating your birthday cakes.
poor poor sadie.

mystery boo papa said...

Luke is coming to a great place. Lucky guy.

Unknown said...

Okay, so I've been inspired to make our birthdays a little more festive around here ;D I'm thinking I should do a little more than just make a cake!!

Lisa said...

happy birthday ellie!!!

Rickie said...

I love the idea of taking them out w/ you and no siblings, might have to steal that one from you now. One on one time is very hard to come by these days & so important still.

Lisa Brown said...

So sorry about getting puked on! Ellie's b-day sounds great, and I love the idea of a date with BOTH mom and dad. I am totally going to have to do that :).

Shauna said...

Sorry to hear about the vomiting. It seems like whenever I get vomited on it always goes right down my boobs. So gross.

I love Ellie's butterfly cake! Can you make one for Ashlyn's birthday in June??

Unknown said...

Happy belated Birthday to Ellie!
And I hope all the sickies are out of your house by now. :)

Chelsea said...

How did I miss commenting. Maybe because reading about all the puke I wanted to?
The cake rocked! For sure not Monsters vs. Aliens. :)