layout

4/22/2009

Three Cheers for Ellie

As I was cleaning up the house I found little touches of Ellie all over the place. I guess she likes to leave a little part of her here so we don't miss her so much when she's at school. Seeing as it's her birthday week, I thought I'd share a few of the little things that make me laugh.

1. Ellie actually mocks my love for American Idol every Tuesday night, but I guess she took pity on me this week and decided to draw me pictures of the judges. Dustin and I were laughing at how "Pola" was a little more glam than poor Kara. I was totally impressed that she knew their names.

2. Where else would you put your new hair bows? Why put them in the drawer where you can never see them? I'm always finding touches of Ellie "decorating" all over the house.

3. Ellie got sent to time out the other night, which is a corner by our front door. I guess there was a dead bug over there and she was kind of upset about having to sit there. Being the mean mom that I am, I told her she was in time out and she could either live with the dead bug or pick it up and throw it away herself. The next noise I hear is Nate running around celebrating the fact that he had some money and he was going to go buy himself some bubble gum.

"Mom, look at my money."
"Where did you that get money?"
"Ellie gave me money for throwing away the dead bug."
She's a smart cookie! Of course her planned backfired later when Nate found a dead fly, threw it away and ran up to inform Ellie that he now owed her more money. I think he earned a whole 50 cents last night.

16 comments:

Kathleen said...

stop reminding me how old she is getting. i can't stand it.

Ellie's Grandma said...

Happy Birthday to Ellie! I love the kid! She is smart beautiful and a genuine angel!

All the hugs and kisses I can send to my brown-eyed girl!

Lara Neves said...

What a cutie! I love her AI pictures...Pola is definitely more glam than Kara, so it's all good.

My girls obviously need a brother to take care of their bug killing/disposing needs. Nate should come up with a name for his business now.

Meredith said...

So many reasons to love Ellie - she is so crafty - in so many meanings of the word!

Brenda Janda said...

Way adorable post. Thanks for sharing. I miss my little girl.

Anita said...

LOVE the AI judges picture...she was right on the money with that one! What a cute little girl you have:)

Lindsay said...

Haha, I love it! What a cute girl. I love that she put those hair bows on the grass.

jacque said...

Cute stories. happy birthday Ellie! :)

Rickie said...

That is such a sweet post, and for such a sweet girl. I love how she decorated the bathroom w/ her hair bows. Reminds me of the time she was over here. I had just finished a flower arrangement and had some leftover flowers sitting on the dining room table. Within a half hour, she had totally spruced the place up w/ little flowers here and there all over the house. I thought it was sooooo cute!

Lisa Brown said...

What a sweetheart! And I just love that she paid her brother to get rid of the bug :).

mystery boo papa said...

she is OUR american idol!

The Tyler's said...

I am just in love with her! Please keep that drawing forever!
What am I going to do without my little runner girl delivering things back and forth from our houses?

Lisa said...

she is a honey!! she can live at my house--i would never make her sit in time out with a dead bug! ha ha

Rach said...

Happy Birthday Ellie. I LOVE what she did with her bows, that girl is going to be a designer someday!!

Unknown said...

I love that picture!!! And I love the hair decorations--where did they come from??? Too cute ;D

Chelsea said...

And this one too? Lazy Google Reader over here...

That drawing rocks!!!!