layout

4/19/2009

Party On Wayne

This week started off the big birthday fun of April. Between birthday parties for Zach, Kate and Ronan, we managed to squeeze in an early birthday dinner for Ellie. I figured since I had thrown Ellie 6 huge parties in the past, I could take this year off.

Instead I let her invite 3 of her best friends and I took them out to dinner. No invitations, no baking/decorating/game planning/clean up. . . basically the only work on my part was driving around to pick them all up. Best party EVER! And by party, I mean dinner because I kept telling Ellie it wasn't a party. So what if there were goodie bags and gifts -- still *not* a party. Amount of planning on my part : 2 e-mails.

Ellie picked TGI Friday's because you can get fancy drinks with their kid's meal. You could tell the girls had all got fancied up after school and they were so adorable. It probably helped that everyone gushed over how cute they were every time we turned around and all the fun little freebies they got. Ellie even got the ever embarrassing birthday song. They thought they were *so* grown up.
Ellie and Tayler have been friends since the first day of school Kindy year.

Hailey is Ellie's newest BFF this year and super sweet.

And of course, Lindsay -- Ellie's eternal BFF. On the car ride back to our house they were planning on how they would be roommates at college.

After the easiest and cutest 2 hours of my life, I dropped off Hailey and Tayler and then Lindsay came back to our house so the girls could have a little PJ party and watch a movie. I don't think I'll ever throw another party in my life.

Her official birthday isn't until next week but it was fun to spoil her a little early anyway. She's an awesome kid and she deserves a little extra attention now and then!

17 comments:

mystery boo papa said...

i agree, ellie deserves tons of extra attention. best big sister, ever! great pic!

Kathleen said...

but i want to be her roomie in college... according to dad i will still be going to school at that point in time.

Meredith said...

Kathleen, that is funny. Oh, how wonderful it would be for Lindsay and Ellie to be college roommates! We could help them decorate, send care packages together, go on girl weekends to visit them...Hey - I want to be in college again! Lindsay had the best time - thanks for making it a special night and thanks for hanging with the babies on Saturday!

Grandma said...

ellie you are so beautiful and so grown up. i'm happy and sad all at once! i love you!

Amber said...

I love love love those kind of parties! That's what we did for both Jake and Caden this past year except we did the movies. It was seriously the best, most non-stressful birthday ever! Looks like the girls had FUN!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS. ELLIE!

Molly said...

But Ellie and Lindsay will be different years in school, maybe Lindsay will be held back ro something. Happy Birthday Ellie, that does sound like the best B-day "party" ever!

AZ Hey-mon said...

Sounds like an awesome not a party to me. I love the group shot. lil cuties!

Lisa Brown said...

That is the best idea ever!!! I am so going to use that sometime, but it is too late for this year because I already promised Lily a real party.

Chelsea said...

Party on Garth. wooo wooo wooo woo wooo.

How fun to have so many cute Bff's!

Holly said...

How nice that you didn't have to mess up your house to have a party:o) You guys seem like you're always celebrating something...you party animals you!!! Happy Birthday Ellie!!!

Nicole said...

Happy Early birthday! and I too agree that they don't need a BIG party every year! Last yr. we just had Corbin invite a couple of friends to go to a movie! Why do we put ourselves thru the torture of a BIG party??

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Ellie! Not parties are the BEST parties!!

Rach said...

Happy (early) Birthday Ellie!! I LOVE the kind of parties that involve very little work from you and have no clean up. What a cute little group of girls!

Rickie said...

What a great idea. They look soo cute all dolled up. You might want to install an extra lock on your door to hold back all the boys as she gets older. I'm taking notes on all these great ideas for when Avery gets older.

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome birthday dinner to me ;D Happy Birthday Ellie! I always think of her around this time because Wilson's birthday is around the same time. I remember how Ellie was born a little early and it was unexpected ;D

Lara Neves said...

I am so copying you for Bria's next birthday. Great idea! And Great fun!

Kat said...

What a great idea, in place of a traditional party! Seriously, too much work! This way she gets some more one-on-one time with her bestest friends :) She is a good girl, that's for sure. I'm envious of her beautiful skin too- courtesy of you- and you're bee-u-tiful skin too. I hate you. anyway, glad you had fun! can't believe she is 6! Thanks for keeping up on me and writing me here and there! it's nice to read your notes :) hope you are doing well!