layout

9/01/2010

"I'm a Preschool Girl now"

I always say that Sadie is an old soul. She's three going on thirteen. She's always been precocious and just ready for the next step ahead of her. So you can only imagine how she was DYING to go to preschool. Once the other kids started school, she still had a month before she started so she would pretend she was in school. We'd be sitting at the dinner table and Sadie would pipe up, "Who wants to hear about my day?? I lost a stick because my teacher is SO SO mean." She would get up to the table with the other kids after school and do fake homework. The only thing that pacified her while she waited the long month for preschool was knowing she was the oldest one at home. The second the kids were out of the car I'd hear her little voice, "Well, I'm the oldest now." Every single day.

But FINALLY, we started school at Miss Becky's. Becky has now taught three of my kids. I honestly never thought we'd live in this house for more than 2 years, much less long enough for 3 of my kids to go to the same preschool. But now we're staying for Luke! We love Becky -- she is honestly a great friend and her family feels like part of our family.

Sadie went off without a tear and the best part is -- she gives me WAY more details than Ellie or Nate ever did. I got to hear all about the "Rules Rap" and nocturnal animals ("They go to school at night time."). She brought home a picture of all sorts of nocturnal animals except she refused to color the owl because, "he has scary eyes." Yesterday she insisted on packing snacks for everyone at preschool: a peach, one carton of yogurt, two candy bars and a baggie full of pretzels.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at that adorable skirt! Where did you find it?! I LOVE it--and it is totally Sadie ;D I love Sadie stories. Tell me little sacrament meeting friend hello and congrats on starting school.

Kathleen said...

she lost a stick, bahahahaha.

that bag of snacks sounds like something sadie would enjoy all by herself.

we love you, sadie rogers michelle!

The Tyler's said...

Love Sadie to pieces!

I can't wait to send Ronan to Becky's next year!!!

Meredith said...

Oh, cute baby sadie is all grown up!

Nicole said...

so cute! I love that she tells you about her day. Thats always like pulling teeth for my kids. Also LOVE LOVE LOVE her skirt :)

ajoachim said...

In 2 weeks Allie and Sadie will be preschool buddies. I'm sure Allie would love to talk to Sadie about preschool!

Lisa said...

i heart sadie!

Rach said...

Did you get that skirt at Costco?? I just bought one for my little girl from there, so cute! So, you only have one kiddo at home for a few hours? I'm jealous!

Lisa Brown said...

So much fun! I love how she had to remind everyone that she was the oldest in the house after the other two left :).

Kat said...

So so cute! I have a niece that is also an "old soul". I love it! I would die laughing if I heard Sadie saying some of these things :) Becky is great, how cool that 3 of your kiddos have been with her now!

Arlene said...

I want her.