layout

12/30/2010

Is it time yet??

In typical Maddy fashion, I harped on everyone all week to get things put together and wrapped so we could enjoy Christmas Eve. As a result, we had everything cleaned up, put out, stuffed and were ready for bed by 9:30. Dustin and I snuggled in bed and watched Despicable Me during which Dustin promptly fell asleep. I, however, could not sleep. I was congested and excited all at the same time. Nate was feeling the same way because I could hear him in there talking to himself and coughing until about 1 am.
This has to be my favorite picture of Christmas Day.
By 6:45 the troops had rallied and were ready to go, except for Luke. Didn't he know it was Christmas??

He woke up around 7 am, came out with a confused expression on his face, found his new Thomas the Train toy and promptly refused to move from it for the next hour. He probably opened half of his presents sitting on that thing.

What a fantastic Christmas we had -- clothes, iPods, Legos, cars, Pillow Pets, dolls, Star Wars, shoes, books, games, aprons. . .





It took us almost 2 hours to get through everything, but everything was perfect. No returns to be made here!

On the 23rd I forced my Dad into our bedroom to start putting together the dool house they had bought for Sadie. Nate wanted to go keep him company and eventually Dustin ended up in there. They spent the next 90 minutes putting together the cutest doll house I've ever seen.

It was so big we decided to put it straight into the playroom and then have Sadie open up a present telling her to go look in the playroom. We did not take into account that she is my daughter. After opening some toys in her stocking, she disappeared. I looked around and finally saw a light coming out of the playroom. Sadie had gone in to put her new toys away and totally missed the giant doll house in the middle of the room.

I tried to hurry her out of there, but she turned around and saw it. "I always wanted a great big doll house!" We had to drag her out of there to open more presents after a few minutes.

Then came the best art of Christmas -- playing! My dad HEROICLY spend the next FIVE hours putting together Hogwarts with Nate. The rest of us rode trains and plasma cars outside, watching movies, eating junk food and playing with dolls.

For dinner we opted to eat out at Cowboy Ciao which was delicious. It was such a fun Christmas and the best part was that my parents were here to enjoy it with us!

My parents left the next day and I was home from Church with the kids because Ellie was now sick, so I ended up taking everything down. Call me crazy, but Chrstmas gives me nesting urges. So it's all cleaned up and put away here. Dustin is off snow camping in a blizzard with the Young Men and the kids and I are heading out to pick up stuff for Sadie's birthday party. Bring on the New Year (hopefully with more blogging -- I was lame this year).

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Looks like a fantastic Christmas with the family. I had our Christmas cleaned up first thing Monday morning. I wanted to on Sunday, but the kids begged me to leave it up. So they got one extra day out of it. I needed my space back. I can't believe you already moved on to V-day. I need some white space for awhile!
And yea for lego fun....BOO for how stinking long they take. I think we have the last of Carter's done...and am glad his birthday isn't until November!!
Hope all the boys are safe in the snow! I heard it's been super bad! We have snow here too........yea being cold....

Chelsea said...

Wow...I may delete that comment. Could it have been any more about me? ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!

Lisa Brown said...

What a great day! I love that she didn't notice the dollhouse at first :). And I also get the urge to clean up Christmas as soon as it is over. I waited an extra day this year, but then I couldn't handle it anymore.