layout

12/24/2010

We partied some more

With my family in town and illness we stayed busy, but still managed to squeeze in a few Christmas celebrations before the big day.

Sadie was THE Partridge in a Pear Tree for the 12 Days of Christmas Song at the Ward Party

And everyone LOVED sitting on Santa's lap of course




Most of us made it to church in our new Christmas clothes.

Poor Sadie stayed home sick with a fever of 103.
My parents made it in safe and sound
The weather was gorgeous so the kids could swim in the pools and sleep over. It also meant Livy could run around diaperless.
Hayride and caroling at the Haymonds. Poor Nate was sick by this point and missed out -- especially sad since his little crush was there.

Up to Williams via Sedona for the Polar Express. This was probably the worst weather of the month. It was raining, then sleeting and eventually turned to snow on our drive home. I may have uttered, "We're going to die," more than once. I may have been over reacting.

And of course Christmas Eve. This year we did it with "family" and invited over the McGuire girls and their Grandma Nadene who my family has known for over 30 years. Molly and I may have tormented Meredith a bit too much when we were younger, but she has since forgiven us. Per tradition we had soup for dinner and Molly brought the yummiest rolls from a bakery in St. George.

We tried playing Left Right Center with the little kids. It went horribly wrong as everyone was a little upset as things gotten placed in the center. . . but now I'm convinced it should be a new tradition and eventually they'll all grow to love it.

Then on to my favorite part: The Nativity

We've been having a few families over on Christmas Eve for 6 years now and I'm getting excited because we all finally have enough kids (who are old enough) to play most of the parts in the Nativity.

Followed by decorating cookies for Santa.And *maybe* some eating of sugar cookies

Christmas charades
She's a star

New pajamas being left on the doorstep by an elf
And then to ALL a good night!

3 comments:

Danika said...

Not sure which photos I love the best...the kids screaming on Santa's lap or Meredith as the donkey! :)

The Bullocks said...

I love that last picture of you and your kiddos in there jammies. so cute. P.S you are so skinny!! why doesn't running do that for me.

Lisa Brown said...

So I totally have to ask, did you get Sadie all dressed up for the pictures, and then let her change back into her pj's, or were those taken earlier? He he!