layout

12/20/2010

Party Day

It just about killed me to wake all the kids up Thursday morning. We were all snuggled up, warm in our beds. . . but it was time to party!

Sadie had her preschool party complete with a visit from Santa Claus. In case you are wondering what she asked Santa for this year, it's Fin Fin. I gave Sadie the Target toy catalog and told her that she could pick ANY toy out. She picked out this tiny plastic fish play set. I tried to change her mind, but she still wanted the toy. "Sadie, don't you want this giant Barbie doll house?' "NO, I want Fin Fin." "Sadie, don't you want this full sized horse that actually walks and says your name and poops in your yard?" OK, maybe there wasn't anything that cool in there. After realizing it was on sale for $10 and her heart was set on it, I decided to embrace it.

After Sadie's party it was straight up to Nate's school party. This is Allie, his little crush. Look at how cute he is pointing to her like it's some secret. I think she knows you like her Nate. You can't cover up the folder that you've written Mr. Allie Scarborough in glittery pink marker all over any longer.

They did a book exchange, made candy cane reindeer, played pass the ornament, decorated gingerbread houses and ate MORE sugar for a snack. Nate was suppose to have PE after the party, but he managed to squeak out, "I don't feel very well" from the midst of his sugar coma and I took him home early. My sister showed up for part of his party and he screamed like Buddy the Elf when he heard Santa was coming. "That's my AUNT!"

Ellie's party was a little more relaxed with only 3 major activities and not as much parental involvement. Sniff sniff, they're really growing up. Luckily still small enough that having your mom at the party is cool.My favorite part of doing the kids parties is remembering that no matter how boogery my kids can get at times, I'd still pick them over any other kids.

After school we hurried back home to mess up the living room and play room as much as possible and when that was accomplished we moved on to making cookies in the kitchen. I think I had just started when Dustin moseyed on in and announced, "The Missionaries are coming over in 30 minutes." Cue mad scramble around the house.

That night Kathleen and I went to my MELS (Meeting of the Elite Literary Society) Christmas party at Molly's house. We read The Autboigraphy of Santa Claus and despite what the Amazon reviews and the first 70 pages might tell you, DO NOT read this book. Words cannot describe how much I disliked this book.

Luckily there was a party to make up for the sorely lacking book discussion. I will only post the tame group shot. We did a gift exchange, played Left Right Center and Mafia and ate and ate. . . I just love these girls and I'm so glad my sister got to come along. You know it's fun when I can manage to keep my eyes open passed 10 pm.

And that was Thursday.

3 comments:

Danika said...

So true - no matter how rotten my kids can be, I am ALWAYS counting my blessings after watching them around their peers! :)

Brenda Janda said...

That's why I work at a school. Sure makes you love and appreiciate your own kids.
Fun times for you, I am glad your family is here for a visit.
Enjoy the holidays.

Lisa said...

your kids are adorable. and so is your mel group. not unlike your mas group. ha