layout

12/24/2011

Christmas Eve Eve

When I was 6 years old, my parents took me to see the New York City Ballet's Nutcracker. I was mesmerized. My kids have all loved it too. We have been taking them every year since Ellie was 4.
I use the term "we" liberally because someone has to stay with the little one/ones, and it usually me since driving in Phoenix gives me hives. My sister and I did take Ellie one year when Lola was here for Christmas.
Last year, we decided to try the Polar Express. There just weren't enough days in the month to make both of them work, so we had to skip the ballet. After Christmas was over, we polled the kids and the Nutcracker was the clear winner. My kids have been begging to go ever since.
This was Sadie's first year going and I was a little nervous. That girl can't even make it through a movie without "needing" to go to the bathroom 5 times. But even Sadie Lou Who got caught up in the magic of the Nutcracker. It might have helped that Daddy bought them each a little souvenir. A nutcracker for Nate, a snow globe and Clara and her nutcracker for Ellie, and a ballet dancer tree ornament for Sadie.MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

How fun! I took Lily last year, but forgot to get tickets in time this year, as it is Thanksgiving weekend here in Colorado Springs, unless I want to go to Denver in Dec.