layout

12/23/2011

Sappy Post Ahead

Oh wait, aren't all my December blog posts super sappy? I think the theme has been: Maddy is a Grinch, does something Christmas-y and feels holiday spirit. But guess what -- I'm not so Grinchy anymore.

We lucked out when we moved onto our street. We had *the* best neighbors. Most of them have moved (some are moving back) and don't get me wrong, I really enjoy our neighbors now, but there was something magical about the street when we first moved in.
Throughout the year the girls will get together, or we'll try to have an adult game night, but every Christmas we get EVERYONE under one roof. It's one of my favorite parties of the season and it doesn't feel like Christmas until it's happened.

The kids keep getting bigger. And there keep being more of them. This is Noah and Jill's newest little baby Tessa. She is only 5 weeks old, but seeing as she wasn't even due until January 10th, we were glad she made the party. She's up to 5 pounds and 7 ounces. I am in love with her and I can't wait for them to be right back down the street.

We were debating on who was taller -- Dustin or Mark?Dustin may have him beat, but we might have to shave his head to be completely certain. It doesn't matter since Cade Lamb will surpass them in a year I am sure.

The kids all do a $1 gift exchange (we draw names -- which can get confusing with all the Sadies and Brady/Brodys) and it never fails to amaze us how excited the kids are over their $1 gift. They are seriously THRILLED and the gifts are always perfect. Ellie got a felt hair bow, Nate got Bubble Gum (they couldn't have known that he was dying to learn to blow a bubble), Sadie got a princess purse and Luke got ring pops (someone hates me).

We ate and the kids played and that was it. Somehow were were still there for over 3 hours. I love love our friends and I love that we get to spent the holidays with them.

No comments: