layout

5/31/2012

May Random-ness

May always ends up being a crazy month.  In my head, I love May.  It's the end of the school year and I can taste summer.  The mornings are still cool enough to run and the nights are beautiful.  Then I look at my calendar.  And lug kids in and out of the car in the 100 degree heat.  When we weren't celebrating Mother's Day, and eating cookies, we were splitting up the kids and running around like crazy.

It was the end of the baseball season for Nate.  Sadie had 3 sessions of swim lessons (that right there ate up half of my life and my energy as I sat out in the heat) -- but she can finally swim!

 There was a double baby shower for Meredith and Susan and a good bye party for Sarah who is moving to cooler climates.

A picnic and concert in the park for Cinco de Mayo.  Complete with virgin margaritas.  The evenings are still gorgeous right now.

Nate had First Grade Portfolio day at school.  For lunch we took him out to Peter Piper Pizza with his best friend, Travis.

Teacher Appreciation Week.  I was in charge of Ellie's classroom door -- the school-wide theme was sports.  And I put these together for their teachers.

Lots of eating out.  Lots and lots of dessert.  I am making up for my lack of sleep with calories.


And possibly my favorite event of the month was out Ugly Prom.  We took the girls out on Prom night and headed out to Saver's where we each picked out hideous outfits for each other.  Then off to the gaudiest place we could think of for dinner -- Organ Stop Pizza.  Bahama Bucks for dessert and some night swimming.
I'm so grateful I now own platform shoes and a leopard print dress with shoulder pads.

Let's see what else was in there: birthday parties (6 to be exact), field trips, baptisms for the dead, softball, Break the Fast, the Spring Musical and rehearsals, more baby showers, camp meetings, Art Masterpiece meetings, piano, play dates, graduations (seminary and HS), graduation parties, YW recognition night, mutual, baptisms, a Girl's Weekend in California and the last day of school. . . Luckily Dustin only had to travel for 2 weeks this month.

Today is the official first day of summer and we have nothing on the calendar until tonight (baseball team party and book club) so we're staying in our PJs ALL day long.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Wow Maddy, I don't think I could survive your life...I need a nap just reading that!! We have 2 more weeks left of school and I swear we have 10 things every day! I swear it wasn't this crazy when we were kids:) Enjoy your summer!!

Anita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.