layout

5/14/2012

Mother's Day -- the fun stuff

Despite the few blips on Mother's Day, we did have some fun to celebrations.  On Thursday I got to go to Sadie's school performance and lunch.  Sadie was a very vocal singer and she had lots of sweet treats for me.

On Saturday the Actvity Day leaders hosted a breakfast for all of us and then we took a trip to the Gilbert Temple, which is under construction.  Each of the girls had made their mom a corsage out of cupcake liners.  The Construction Missionaries at the temple sight were so sweet and each girl got to take home a piece of a wall that was made for the temple, but unfortunately came broken.


We have been so blessed to live so close to the temple and to watch the progress.  I can hardly wait to take the kids to the Open House, but there's still over a year to go.  Just last week we were able to see the Angel Moroni be placed on the top.  I watched from the air conditioning of my girlfriend's house (it's already in the 100s here), but snapped a quick picture on my way home.  It gave me goose bumps to see all of the people who were down there.  It felt so neat to be unified in a love of the Gospel as we recognize what an exciting event this is.  It made me think of the early Saints as they labored with their own hands to build each wall.  How much joy they must have felt!

I love driving by the Temple and hearing Luke say, "It's Lukey's temple!" Or Sadie begging me to roll the window down as we drive by.  I hope to see many of the kids and youth we know in the halls of this Temple.

And my Mother's Day cards from church had cute surveys about me in them.

According to ELLIE:
My mom is 31 years old.
My mom weighs 92 pounds.
My mom's favorite color is pink.
My mom's favorite food is chocolate cake.
My mom always says, "I love you" and "Clean up."
My mom cooks the best cookies.
My mom's job is to love us.
My mom laugh when we make jokes.
If my mom had time, she would take a nap.
My mom and I like to read books.
My mom really loves my family.
I love my mom because of all the great things she does.

According to NATE:
My mom is 32 years old.
My mom weighs 80 pounds.
My mom's favorite color is pink.
My mom's favorite food is meatball soup.
My mom always says, "I love you."
My mom cooks the best food, cookies.
My mom's job is to be mom.
My mom laugh when I tell jokes.
If my mom had time, she would kiss Daddy and me.
My mom and I like to make cookies.
My mom really loves kids.
I love my mom because she is nice.

According to SADIE:
My mom is 22 years old.
My mom weighs 18 pounds.
My mom's favorite color is pink.
My mom's favorite food is egg sandwiches.
My mom always says, "I love you."
My mom cooks the best chicken and rice.
My mom's job is to take care of me.
My mom laugh when I tell a joke.
If my mom had time, she would love to play barbies with me.
My mom and I like to do laundry together.
My mom really loves when I clean up my room.
I love my mom because she loves me.

2 comments:

Danika said...

Love the survey answers! My kids did similar ones. You are lucky that all 3 of your kids said that you tell them, "I love you!" My kids said I tell them, "NO!" and "I need a nap!"
Oh, and Natalie thinks I'm 252 lbs! :(

Anonymous said...

The cupcake holder corsages are beautiful!
The pictures of the temple are beautiful!
I love that you love the temple!
Love Aunt Beaney