layout

6/05/2012

The Most Wonderful Day of the Year

The most wonderful day of the year is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!  2012 was a great school year for Nate and Ellie, but I am so glad it's over. No homework.  No early mornings.  We got big plans this summer: lots of sleeping, lots of swimming, lots of games, lots of movies, and lots of cleaning (that might not happen, but it's in *my* plans).


Luckily for me, both of my kids' teachers wanted to do their own thing with the kids, so I got off easy.  All I had to do was thrown Ellie's class lunch.  I ordered pizzas and picked up a some Capri Suns, plates, napkins and cup cakes. And with that, we closed the book on 4th and 1st grade. Both kids had great report cards and we're really happy with their teachers for next year.

My neighbor Jill and I set up a giant slip n slide down at our park and invited some friends over.  We hooked up 4 hoses to the faucet at my house to get water down there, but it was totally worth it.  The kids had such a great time in the water and eating popsicles, while we sat in the shade for 3 hours just chatting.

You can't even tell there were almost 30 kids there.  And in case you were wondering, the 2nd most wonderful day of the year: The first day of school.

2 comments:

Kristine Hodson said...

Perfect
Love Aunt Beaney

Lisa Brown said...

How much fun!