layout

6/19/2012

Our little monster is 3!

Can you believe my baby is 3??  I love those big brown eyes and his adorable little voice (when he's not screaming).  I'm pretty sure Luke is as infatuated with me as I am with him and that's what makes me want to smooch his cheeks all day long.
For Luke's birthday we threw a joint party with Luke's best friend. . .ASA!!


Luke and Asa were born only 4 days apart and destined to be best friends.  Luke may actually love Asa more than me.  One day at lunch we had a family debate on whether Luke liked Asa or dinosaurs more.  He loves him *that* much.

I had such a fun time planning the party with Tia.  We. . .

  • Rented a water slide
there was also a swimming pool full of monster goo
  • Set up a photo booth
Props by my amazingly talented sister Kathleen Skinner
  • Ate some hamburgers and hot dogs 
  • Decorated monster cupcakes (key lime frosting on graham cracker cupcakes -- Tia is an overachiever)
 Ellie made George Washington

  
Luke made his a triceratops
  • Opened presents  
  
surprisingly Luke got a LOT of dinosaur related items 

  • Played with presents
  • Blew out the candles
Leftover chocolate cake and lemon cupcakes from the night before
 
  • Cracked open the pinata
  • And sent everyone home 

  • But not without party favors!! 

These only took an entire afternoon to put together.

Luke at THREE!!!

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Number: 3

Favorite Drink: Apple Juice

Favorite Food: Watermelon, Mac & Cheese, Chips

Favorite Game: Candyland

Favorite Animal: Dinosaur

Favorite TV Show: Dinosaur Train

I feel sad when: someone tells me NO

I feel mad when: I have to go to Church

I like it when my friends: are Asa

I like it when I: get to read my Dinosaur Field Guide

I wish I could: have a real dinosaur

Who is your best friend? Asa

What is your favorite activity? Reading my Dinosaur Field Guide

What three things are you are good at? Zerberts, dinosaur names, not eating


We're so glad you're in our family!!




1 comment:

Danika said...

"I feel mad when: I have to go to Church" Awesome! Proud parenting moment...