layout

5/28/2014

The Last Days

I know the title makes it sound all doom and gloom, but I think it's pretty fitting. The end of May was pretty hard on me. I have had 4 kids and they've all followed a lot of the same patterns. With Luke growing up, there have been a lot of endings that I thought would never come.

Luke officially graduated from Preschool in May. I've been to 8 of these graduations and this is officially my last.

Luke has been able to go to school with his 3 very best friends. I'm so sad they'll all be at different schools next year. I know he'll make new friends, but I can't imagine any of them ever being as cute as these guys.
I thought for sure I would cry, but the kids were all so hyper I manged through. Even when his baby picture flashed up on the screen. I'm pretty sure my body is holding them in reserve for the first day of Kindergarten.
I think I might miss Miss Becky most of all. She is possibly the happiest, mot loving preschool teacher to ever exist.

Sadie had her portfolio presentation. She got a speaking part and everything! She has had a picture perfect year for 1st grade. Once she was reading off her grades with enthusiasm, "E! E! E! 100! 99! 100!" And then she got to a 97. You could just hear her voice fall flat.

We are especially proud of what a great reader she has become. For a treat we took her out to Cafe Rio for lunch. I remember sitting in Ellie's 1st grade program when I was just days away from having Luke. And now he's starting Kindergarten.

Luke finished up 3 weeks of swim lessons and is loving being free this summer. It still makes me nervous!



Miss Laurel has also taught all 4 of my kids to swim, so that was one more good bye on my list. My head keeps telling me there are so many fun ages and stages in the years ahead, but my heart still cries thinking of everything that I'll no longer get to experience. We have got to soak up every second of summer.

No comments: